Friday, July 31, 2015

9 Simple Tips for Saving Money with PaperBack Swap

Trade Books Online - PaperBack Swap.

PaperBack Swap is a great way to get books for next to nothing! It's easy and fun.

I’ve been swapping books since August of 2006. I’ve participated in 660 transactions now. That means I’ve either sent or received a total of 660 books! No wonder I can't catch up with my reading!

9 Simple Tips for Saving Money with PaperBack Swap.

1. Getting started is easy. Sign up and choose a free or premium membership. They've got an easy to follow instructions. I have the free membership, so I pay Paperback Swap forty-nine cents and one credit for each book. You earn credits by sending out books. There are other options explained on the site.

2. List every book that you are willing to send out first. After you list 10, you get 2 free books and 2 free swap fees!

If a book doesn’t have an ISBN number, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of the posting page. Don’t forget textbooks. They go great this time of year. You also can post older vintage books. Just check the posting requirements and read what a “good” condition book is.

3. Next, put every book that you know that you want on your wish list as soon as you think of it, read about it, or hear about it. You can wish for up to100 books or audio books with a free membership.  They're offered to you as they become available in a first wished first served order.

4. Put other books you’re not sure you want but want to remember on your reminder list.

5. Now, start listing all of your other books that you own on your TBR pile list. That’s your To Be Read list. If someone is wishing for one of those books, there will be a big W on the right side. This may help you decide the order that you read your books in. If someone’s wishing, and you decide to post the book, the wisher will be contacted immediately. That can be a quick way to pick up some more credits.

6. To help you build your wish and reminder lists, you can look at the wish lists of your buddies and people who request books from you or send books to you.

7. Look at what they have to offer, too. You may find something you like.

8. If you want to receive something from a certain person, request it while you’re on their books listed page.

9. If you want to send a book to a certain person, post it from their wish list page. It will be offered to them first.

I do not participate in the forums. I don’t know what they’re like. 

If I can help you in any way, please let me know. Also, let me know what your user name is so that I can take a look at what you have and what you’re wishing for. Who knows, I may have something that I can post for you.

My user name is lauraofharvestlane.  If you sign up, please list me as referring you.  I'll get a free book. I get no other benefit. I am just writing this because I enjoy the benefits of using PaperBack Swap.

Please just click on the PBS banner above or go see my list of books available here. Don’t forget to tell me your user name so I can look you up on PBS!

May God bless you,
Laura
Trade Books Online - PaperBack Swap.

 ~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~
Monday
Mom's the Word - Good Morning Monday  -  Living Proverbs 31 Mama Moments Monday - Literacy Musing Mondays
The Art of Homemaking    Modest Mondays -  Mom 2 Mom
Tuesday
A Return to Loveliness 
Roses of Inspiration Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays -Titus 2 Tuesdays

 Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesdays - Fluster's Creative Muster  -  Wholehearted Wednesdays  -  
 A Little R & R Raising Homemakers - A Wise Woman Builds Her Home 

Friday Fridays Unfolded - Sweet & Simple Fridays I'm Lovin' It Party - Frugal Friday - Feathered Nest Friday - Home Sweet Home 

8 comments:

  1. That sounds interesting & I will check it out. Visiting from Roses of Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat! I've never heard of it before. I snuck a peek at your wish list, too - I spy another Gooseberry Patch fan! :) I looove those books!

    I found you through Titus 2 Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've collected quite a few by waiting patiently, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using PBS for a while, and I never knew about the reminder list! My wish list has been maxed out for a while, so I'll have to try this tip. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, this sounds like a great program to enlarge your reading collection. Thanks for sharing on Literacy Musing Mondays..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this post with me Laura! I'll be checking them out. Right now I don't have a lot of time to read as summer is upon us and gardening, but I will keep it in mind should things change :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Spicing Up!

    Gardening. Oh I'm not that kind of girl! Dirt, bugs, perspiration, spiders, oh my! I don't mind canning and caring for it once it comes inside, but fortunately my husband likes the gardening part. The last five years he hasn't been able to do it because of work requirements, but I think he's going to try straw bale gardening this year.
    May your garden be blessed with sun and rain in proper proportions for an excellent harvest in Jesus' Name!

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I'm taking a short spring break, so I will have a lot of messages when I get back online. If you would like a reply to your comment, please be sure to leave your email address and ask me for a response. I moderate all comments, so it your comments won't show on the blog until I get back in the swing of things.

Thanks so much for your patience!

It will be good for me to unplug for a bit. Know what I mean?
Be blessed!
Laura