Tuesday, August 4, 2015

An UNCOMMON Movie with Ben Davies, Erik Estrada, Jason Crabb, Irma P. Hall, a Review

Thank you Edify Media for this review copy.

"When the students of Rosewood High School lose their theater, music and dance departments due to budgets cuts, they create their own.  Struggling to find the right script, music & choreography the students get advice from an uncommon source; the Bible! Each student becomes uniquely influenced as they discover that God takes them personally.

Equipped with unique talents, they bond together to prepare the perfect production by exploring the diversity of parables taught in the Bible.  Fighting overwhelming challenges, the teens fight against political correctness to defend their privilege to worship, meet and perform.  Will months of constant bullying by the establishment defeat the production and dismantle their faith?

Armed with expert legal counsel and unexpected help from Christian music’s finest, these teens realize what it means to be…UNCOMMON!"  ~ JC Films

My thoughts:

  • It's a strong pro-America, pro-Christian, pro-freedom movie. 
  • It addressed an important issue—freedom of religion in public schools.
  • The main actors were excellent. 
  • There were a couple of places near the end that the story didn't quite seem to add up. I think they were trying to tie up ends quickly that would have, in reality, may have taken much longer. 
  • All in all, it was a good movie that our whole family enjoyed. It was a good clean movie. 
  • I think it made my kids appreciate being homeschooled even more.
  • I give it 4 Stars.

My family's opinions:

  • "Every person should watch this movie. Just like God's Not Dead, it points out that you can stand up for your beliefs. With God nothing is impossible." Amy, 13
  • "It was a very important message for students to hear and for parents and teachers to be reminded of. The students' rights are just as important as the school faculty's opinions." Emily, 17
  • "Good, well made, great message, I liked it." Dad 
  • "I thought it was a very good movie. It was well-made. There were a few scenes where the supporting actors sounded like they were reading their lines." Michael, 15
Now, see what you think.


UNCOMMON - Official Trailer from Bill Rahn on Vimeo.

RELEASE DATE 9/1/15
Official Facebook Page
Official Website

Disclosure: I was sent a sample of this product for review purposes only. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are my own based on my experience with this product. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesdays - Fluster's Creative Muster  -  Wholehearted Wednesdays  -  
 A Little R & R Raising Homemakers - A Wise Woman Builds Her Home 

Thursday  Think Tank Thursdays   Home and Garden Thursday I Choose Joy  All Things Thursday  Share Your Cup Thursday 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the movie review of Uncommon. I'm going to have to check this one out!

    I like how you have your family give their comments as well.

    Appreciate you and your site.

    Came over on Wonderful Wednesday.
    Blessings
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your reviews of Christian movies. We like to watch good clean movies but I don't always know what's out there, so this is helpful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review Laura. I think this is a movie I would really enjoy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs Jann! Oh, by the way, my mums are already blooming. I've had to deadhead some already. They were little $1.59 mums we bought a couple of years ago and put in the ground. They're over a foot tall and full this year!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura