Thursday, August 27, 2015

REVIEW: Until My Name is Known

Thank you LitFuse for this review book.

The account of the Exodus of Moses and the Israelites is probably one of the most widely familiar accounts in history. We may know there were a lot of plagues, but what were the plagues and why were those particular plagues used? It all seems so random. Not so. Our God is a warrior! Everything He does is done with purpose. Sonya Contreras reveals the truth in this astonishing historical fiction retelling.

  • Excellent representation of viewpoints from Pharoah, Vizier, the top Egyptian priest, Moses, Aaron, Egyptian and Jewish middle class members, and Jewish slaves
  • Revealed the significance of the plague God used
  • God took on the gods of Egypt and won decisively
  • Exemplified the love of God in the midst of tragedy
  • Convincing story line fits within the Biblical account
  • Well written, you step into the story and forget you're reading pages
  • I was learning all the way through the book
  • I'm going to have my teens read it
~About the Book~ 
Can you trust a God who destroyed a nation before your eyes? Would you want Him as your friend?
Experience God through Israel's Exodus from Egypt's power through those who were there.

The time: 2450 B.C.
The place: Old Kingdom of Egypt.
Pharaoh is god. His people worship him.
Israel's God arrives. He challenges Pharaoh. His power touches all people. They must change. Some don't concede. They suffer. Others yield. They find freedom.
Until My Name Is Known brings all to see the one true God. Read it to see Him.
Today's historians and archaeologists puzzle over the fall of the Old Kingdom of Egypt, but the world at that time heard of God.
The world knew that He was the Lord. His Name was proclaimed in all the earth.

Book one of Tell of My Kingdom's Glory.

Read what other LitFuse Bloggers thought.

 Meet the Author
God led Sonya Contreras to Cedarville University and Institute for Creation Research Graduate Program, establishing her roots deeply in the Bible. 

His guidance continues as she and her husband direct their eight boys' wanderings in truth, love, and God's Word. God holds her hand as she write of His faithfulness, not just in her family's life, but in writing of delivering His People from slavery, calling them by name, and bringing them into a land He promised.

Find Sonya onlinewebsiteTwitter  

Disclosure: I was sent a sample of this product for review purposes only. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are my own based on my experience with this product.
Literacy Musing Mondays

4 comments:

  1. I would love to read this book, because there are so many parallels in our personal lives right now with the coming out of bondage and the steps that followed. I had never heard of it until now, so thank you for mentioning it here! Sounds like a real winner! God bless you, sweet Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, Cheryl. It's a great book. May God bring forth the freedom in your lives and deliver you and all your family. In Jesus' Name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,
    Thanks for your kind words. I was encouraged that my purpose in writing came through clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was very clear, Sonya. Thank you for replying. It makes reviewing more fun when you know it's appreciated.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can. If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura