Friday, September 11, 2015

I Learned Something New About My Husband Thanks to Adrenaline from Word Entertainment

“A WINNER OF A FILM”  -The Dove Foundation
Adrenaline
Thank you Edify Media.
Movie night was a big hit tonight thanks to Word Entertainment's new film Adrenaline starring Michael Rosander and John Schneider.  Our family has many traditions. Some are intentional—some are not. One of our unintentional traditions is that the girls tend to talk through films until told to hush. ~smile~ This time it was not the girls—it was my husband!

My husband Lowell's thoughts:
"I rate this movie a 9 out of 10. Growing up around racing and cars, I really loved it. The cars were awesome, but the real champion of the movie was Elijah (Gregory Alan Williams). 'You are like a car without a motor.' What powers you? Adrenaline lasts but a moment, but God lasts for an eternity.  This is a great "guy" movie. I would highly recommend it."
My  daughter (18) Emily's thoughts:
"Well made, engaging. The acting was good quality as well as the cinamatography. A good story, wholesome enough for the whole family and engaging enough for adults... meaning my dad."
 My daughter (14) Amy's thoughts:
"This  was a good movie. I liked it; the only thing I didn't like was that in some parts you had to assume something happened to get the story. Overall, I thought it was pretty good."
My son (16) Michael's thoughts:
"This was a very good movie. Hot Rods ain't (I'll get him later!) really my thing... more into trucks. But it was a nice change of pace. I think that's the first Christian racing movie I've seen. I thought it was very well made, and the acting was much better quality than some of the stuff I've seen. Loved the cars!" 
My puppy (1) Penny's thoughts:
"Why'd they turn out the lights? I want to play! Play ball? Please?  Ah, all they want to do is look at the picture box. Guess I'll just lie down. Zzzzz."
My thoughts:
I'm not really into racing or cars, but I enjoyed this movie. I adored Elijah. I thought he was an excellent example of sharing the love of God without being pushy. Measured doses to be taken frequently. ~smile~
Truthfully, what I enjoyed most was listening to the excited comments my husband made frequently throughout the movie. He recognized all the types of cars. He commented about growing up around the racetrack, too. That was something new to me. Who would imagine, after being sweethearts since 1981, I'd find out something new? Thank you Edify Media for that little surprise!
Click for Dove review.
 Synopsis-  A drag racer’s life is turned upside-down after a near fatal car crash, leaving him paraplegic. Joseph Jenkins (Michael Rosander), thinks his life is over, but while in the hospital, he meets Elijah Salisbury (Gregory Alan Williams), who gives him a new perspective on life and helps get him back to living. When Jason returns home,  an old friend of his father’s, Paul Sharpe (John Schneider) steps in and helps him back into a race car,and teaches him how to race all over again.

See for yourself!


I received this movie in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Edify Media.

Tuesday A Return to Loveliness Roses of Inspiration Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays - Titus 2 Tuesdays 

5 comments:

  1. I remember Schneider from the Dukes of Hazard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, I will have to check that movie out, love John Schneider. I have a hubby and son who love to talk thru a movie as well.

    I love your new look here...so pretty and ready for fall. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it is worth watching! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tara, let me know what you think if you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your guys will probably love it. I think you'll like it too, Linda.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I'm taking a short spring break, so I will have a lot of messages when I get back online. If you would like a reply to your comment, please be sure to leave your email address and ask me for a response. I moderate all comments, so it your comments won't show on the blog until I get back in the swing of things.

Thanks so much for your patience!

It will be good for me to unplug for a bit. Know what I mean?
Be blessed!
Laura