Saturday, September 5, 2015

It's Good to Be Queen by Liz Curtis Higgs

Thank you Blogging for Books
for this free review copy.
What if you could ask the wisest man in the world anything? What would you ask? What would it be worth to you? Would it be worth a long, difficult journey and a pile of money? It was to the Queen of Sheba. She wanted knowledge, wisdom, and something she couldn't even identify.

We too want. We may want a new phone, a new job, a new car, a new dress, a new gadget, it could be anything. But truly, we want something more. Maybe we know what it is. Maybe we don't. King Solomon said that there is nothing new under the sun. I think that's true of our deepest desires. Liz Curtis Higgs understands that. She has a gift for taking the slightly ambiguous things in the Bible and bringing clarity. 

It's Good to Be Queen is her latest book. Liz combines story and exposition to make a very beautiful and very enlightening book. Sticking with the Bible and not Hollywood, journey with Liz and Sheba to find the One that we all are truly searching for... whether we know it or not.

An excellent book from an excellent author.
God bless you Liz!
Thank you!

Check out Liz's blog. She's been writing a Bible study about Sheba.
From the Publisher:
Visit Liz's blog.
Sheba Journeyed Across the Desert with a Caravan of Riches, 
Only to Find the Greatest Treasure of Them All.  So Can You.
When it comes to famous queens of the Bible, we know the good one, Queen Esther, and the bad one, Queen Jezebel. Now meet the wise one, the queen of Sheba, who traveled to Jerusalem to test the mind and heart of a king.

Her quest for wisdom will surprise you, challenge you, inspire you, change you. This wealthy royal from antiquity will show you how to live boldly, seek after truth, ask the right questions, encourage others, receive graciously, and honor the Lord above all.

Shedding new light on this ancient biblical role model, Liz Curtis Higgs unveils timeless wisdom for all who aspire to please the king of Kings.

I like Liz!
Click on the books to read my other Liz Curtis Higgs reviews.















3 comments:

  1. I enjoy Liz's books a lot, Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in a book club and I'm thinking this is the book I'm going to suggest when it 's my turn. It looks very good! I always enjoy Liz Curtis Higgs. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can. If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura