Thursday, September 3, 2015

REVIEW: Second Chances When Calls the Heart


Thank you Edify Media 
for this review copy.
It's a pleasure to be able to pop a video in the player and know that it will be clean, wholesome entertainment. My family really likes this series inspired by the best-selling book series by Janette Oke.  There's a nice mix of good guy versus bad guy with hints of romance between Elizabeth, played by Erin Krakow, and Jack, played by Daniel Lissing. 

This episode focuses on Abigail Stanton and her efforts to open a restaurant and bakery in town. This is an earlier DVD in the When Calls the Heart series by Hallmark. It follows The Dance.

Read the Dove Review.
Family Approved 12+


About the series:
The series is inspired by Janette Oke’s bestselling book series about the Canadian West. “When Calls the Heart” tells the captivating story of Elizabeth Thatcher (Erin Krakow), a young teacher accustomed to her high society life, who receives her first classroom assignment in Coal Valley, a small coal mining town where life is simple, but often fraught with challenges. Lori Loughlin plays Abigail Stanton, a wife and mother whose husband, the foreman of the mine, along with a dozen other miners, has just been killed in an explosion. The newly widowed women find their faith is tested when they must go to work in the mines to keep a roof over their heads. Elizabeth charms most everyone in Coal Valley, except Constable Jack Thornton (Daniel Lissing) who believes Thatcher’s wealthy father has doomed the lawman’s career by insisting he be assigned in town to protect the shipping magnate’s daughter. Living in a turn of the century coal town, Elizabeth will have to learn the ways of the frontier if she wishes to thrive in the rural west on her own.

"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this product for free in exchange for an honest review.   I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy those stories, this sounds very good!
    I am always trying to find "clean" things to watch and read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved watching the video. This looks great. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you do decide to try it Annie, start with the first movie, When Calls the Heart.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I'm taking a short spring break, so I will have a lot of messages when I get back online. If you would like a reply to your comment, please be sure to leave your email address and ask me for a response. I moderate all comments, so it your comments won't show on the blog until I get back in the swing of things.

Thanks so much for your patience!

It will be good for me to unplug for a bit. Know what I mean?
Be blessed!
Laura