|Thank you Edify Media for this review copy.|
My girls, especially Amy, get so excited when we get another When Calls the Heart DVD in the mail. I get nagged and nagged for a movie night. ~smile~ As I write this, the girls are psychoanalyzing the three Thatcher sisters while watching the dishes.
- The series is becoming a bit predictable as we get to know the characters better. The responses to situations are "in character".
- I still enjoy the interaction between Elizabeth and Jack. There are always sparks...sometimes glowing sparks...sometimes infernal sparks.
- Charles is such a likeable friend who fits so well with Elizabeth. I wonder if Elizabeth understands that the triangle cannot continue if she marries one. It's reminiscent of the old Christy series love triangle.
- We Lane ladies agree that all three sisters need a good spanking. I think Mr. Thatcher needs one, too! They need to grow up, Jesus up, and be nice!
That's all for my rather sassy evaluation. ~smile~
From Emily, 18
- The story is becoming very frustrating, because the characters' relationships are becoming so entangled. It's going to be very hard to untangle them.
From Amy, 14
- I still really like this series.
- The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not really setting a good example for trust in each other.
- The clothing is getting more inaccurate to that time period.
- Other than that, I like it, but I wish that Bill Avery wouldn't have turned out as "the bad guy".
All this to say...
We cannot wait for the next installment in the series!
We love it, we can't wait! It's frustrating. We want to know what happens!
Imparting Grace - No Rules Weekend Blog Party