Thursday, October 1, 2015

When Calls The Heart “Heart and Home”

Thank you Edify Media for this review copy.
It was the year 2008. That was the year that we gave up television in favor of selected videos and DVDs. That was the year that we gave up trashy commercials, blatant immorality, glorified violence, and filthy language. It's been nice. There are, however, some things on television that are still nice, clean, and wholesome entertainment. The When Calls the Heart Series on the Hallmark Channel is one of those shows. Fortunately for us, the series is also available on DVD.

My girls, especially Amy, get so excited when we get another When Calls the Heart DVD in the mail. I get nagged and nagged for a movie night. ~smile~ As I write this, the girls are psychoanalyzing the three Thatcher sisters while watching the dishes.

My Thoughts

  • The series is becoming a bit predictable as we get to know the characters better. The responses to situations are "in character".
  • I still enjoy the interaction between Elizabeth and Jack. There are always sparks...sometimes glowing sparks...sometimes infernal sparks.
  • Charles is such a likeable friend who fits so well with Elizabeth. I wonder if Elizabeth understands that the triangle cannot continue if she marries one. It's reminiscent of the old Christy series love triangle.
  • We Lane ladies agree that all three sisters need a good spanking. I think Mr. Thatcher needs one, too! They need to grow up, Jesus up, and be nice!
That's all for my rather sassy evaluation. ~smile~


From Emily, 18

  • The story is becoming very frustrating, because the characters' relationships are becoming so entangled. It's going to be very hard to untangle them.
From Amy, 14
  • I still really like this series. 
  • The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not really setting a good example for trust in each other. 
  • The clothing is getting more inaccurate to that time period. 
  • Other than that, I like it, but I wish that Bill Avery wouldn't have turned out as "the bad guy".

All this to say...
We cannot wait for the next installment in the series! 
We love it, we can't wait! It's frustrating. We want to know what happens!


Synopsis  Jack and Elizabeth leave Hope Valley and rush back to the city of Hamilton when they learn that Jack’s brother, Tom, was involved in an automobile accident… with Elizabeth’s sister, Julie! But Tom and Julie are hiding something about the incident, a deceit that puts Jack and Elizabeth at odds with their families… and with each other. Their trip is further complicated when Tom and Julie endeavour to run off together – via train this time – and Elizabeth’s father offers Jack a job – an offer that puts Jack and Elizabeth’s fledgling romance in peril yet again.



Imparting Grace - No Rules Weekend Blog Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I'm taking a short spring break, so I will have a lot of messages when I get back online. If you would like a reply to your comment, please be sure to leave your email address and ask me for a response. I moderate all comments, so it your comments won't show on the blog until I get back in the swing of things.

Thanks so much for your patience!

It will be good for me to unplug for a bit. Know what I mean?
Be blessed!
Laura