I write in my Bible a lot. I've got notes that I've jotted down in sermons, notes I've written to myself as I've read, and notes about verses to pray for my family, especially my children. The Bible I have is old and falling apart. It's held together with glue, packing tape, and the Bible cover my mom gave me the Christmas before she went to be with Jesus. It's got wide margins on some of the pages, but most of my notes are written in the tiny middle margin, and at the top and bottom of the page. I also squeeze in arrows and notes between the lines. It's a good thing I can write tiny!
My dream Bible would be black leather, large print, large margins for notes, NKJV, and no commentaries or notes. I asked the Bible bookstore in town to help me find one. They found one in their catalog, but it would cost well over two hundred dollars. Nope, not going to happen for this mom of four with three at home. So, I've been on the hunt for an alternative. Enter JOURNALING BIBLE, the latest contestant on the Find a Bible You Love show.
First, here are some of the details...
The ESV Journaling Bible provides the perfect way for you to keep a journal of your spiritual life right inside the Bible that you read and study each day. With covers and formats that look like the finest journals, the Journaling Bible features two-inch ruled margins for writing observations, reflections, prayers, praises, notes, and journal entries. This unique Bible makes a great gift and lasting keepsake for anyone who values God's Word.
- Black letter text
- Double-column, paragraph format
- Cream-colored paper
- 2" ruled margins
- One-Year Bible Reading Plan
- Introductions and section headings for each Bible book
Retail Price: $37.99
Blue Flora design
Available in several designs
Available in several designs
|The color looks brighter in this photo than it actually is.|
|Great margins for your notes or drawings.|
- This edition on the English Standard Version Journaling Bible comes with a sturdy slip cover to protect it.
- The Bible measures 6 1/2" by 7 1/2".
- The fabric covered board cover is similar to what you'd expect to find on a blank journal in a stationery store. It has a bit of a fuzzy feel like flannel.
- Capital letters are 1/16" tall. Too small for these fifty year old eyes to enjoy reading even though I'm near sighted. Just because you can read something doesn't mean you like the type.
- I loved the 2" margins. There's lots of room for notes as long as you write small. The lines are helpful.
- I like that there isn't a bunch of extra commentary or helps. Just the facts ma'am. Just the facts.
- It's a very nice Bible. I do think it would be easier for young people with excellent eyesight to use. Because of this, I gave it to my daughter who likes to write in her Bible.
My eighteen year old daughter, Emily's thoughts:
- I like the paper it has lines to write on which is nice.
- I have a tendency to write everywhere.
- You'd want to use a gel pen. The pressure you use in writing leaves marks on the page behind it.
- The yellow highlighter doesn't show through.
- The cover feels like the felt of a billiard table.
- Thank you Mom, it's a very nice gift.
There you have it! Now, for the giveaway! Good in US and CAN.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The purpose of Crossway has been, from its founding as a not-for-profit ministry in 1938, to publish gospel-centered, Bible-centered content that will honor our Savior and serve his Church. They seek to help people understand the massive implications of the gospel and the truth of God's Word, for all of life, for all eternity, and for the glory of God.
SOCIAL • CORNER