Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Trim Healthy Mama Plan The Easy-Does-It Approach to Vibrant Health and a Slim Waistline by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison

Thank you Blogging for Books for this review copy.
Okay, I know this isn't fair to write this just before Thanksgiving and Christmas, but some of us don't want to wait until the annual January, "I can't believe I gained 5 pounds."

I've read the original Trim Healthy Mama book, but at over six hundred pages, it's rather daunting.  Readers begged for a simpler, easier way to understand and implement this Bible inspired plan that has helped thousands of women lose weight and regain health. Trim Healthy Mama Plan weighs in at just 310 pages.  I love the new format!

It really is easier and much better organized. It's quick to pick up to read about a specific topic or to read through. If you're waiting, go ahead and get this book. I've been on and off plan, but I'm going to keep trying. I know it's hard to do during the holidays, but if we read the book over the next few weeks and begin to implement changes, we can hit it full force in January without so much extra baggage. There's a learning curve to this lifestyle. I'm going to learn it and live it. Won't you join me?

What you can expect:
Food freedom. No food group is left out! 

Details on how to implement the three main types of protein based meals
  • Satisfying, low carb higher fat meals
  • Energizing, medium carb, low fat meals
  • Fuel Pull, low carb, low fat meals
  • Additional information on other types of meals
Help for rebuilding your health 
  • superfoods
  • optional specialty foods
  • supplements
Help for implementation
  • Short chapters that are easy to fit into busy schedules
  • Sensible family friendly ideas for adapting for your family regardless of size 
  • Ways to adapt it for various types of Mamas from Drive-Thru Sues to Nursing Mamas
  • Uplifting encouragement and hope for those who have lost hope
  • Food lists
  • Menu plan ideas
  • Low glycemic and easy on your blood sugar
  • Metabolism boosting 
  • Engaging friendly tone
One thing to note is that recipes are not included. You need to purchase the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook separately. The Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook weighs in at 512 pages and includes photos of many recipes. The recipes are written in a conventional way which is a big plus to those of us who have seen This is in response to the multitude of requests from Trim Healthy Mamas through the Trim Healthy Mama facebook groups to make the cookbook separate for ease of use in the kitchen. I just ordered it and cannot wait to see it. It's receiving rave reviews in the facebook group.

It's a clear, easy to understand explanation of the eating plan that has changed countless lives over the last couple of years.

I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for an honest review.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christian Blogger Link-up

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review on this. I have the original book and just got the cookbook... so I probably don't need this "simpler" book, huh? I'm like you. I plan to spend the next few weeks reading the cookbook and making some menu plans, then hit it full force after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Laura. I wish you the best success!
    I have been using the DietDoctor website, which has been very helpful in changing the way I eat and think. I no longer am hungry while dieting.

    :)Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's some new info but it's just simplified Karla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the cook book here, but I'm all for "simpler"!
    Still so many changes I need to make!
    Good for you, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie, I'm hoping the simpler will be what helps me finally go for it and keep with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review Laura, this has been a book I have been thinking about getting but I might go for this one now. Thank you also for your continual prayer and support I really appreciate it. Blessings from Australia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, if nothing else; it's a good reminder to not go back for seconds tomorrow. lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm easing myself into it Jann. I won't promise no seconds tomorrow!
    Blessings for a wonderful life of Thanks Living!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I'm taking a short spring break, so I will have a lot of messages when I get back online. If you would like a reply to your comment, please be sure to leave your email address and ask me for a response. I moderate all comments, so it your comments won't show on the blog until I get back in the swing of things.

Thanks so much for your patience!

It will be good for me to unplug for a bit. Know what I mean?
Be blessed!
Laura