Tuesday, March 29, 2016

When Calls The Heart "It Begins with Heart" Review

"In the days before the big New Year's Eve celebration, Hope Valley sees some unpredictable resolutions. For instance, Abigail sets out to catch whoever's been stealing from her kitchen – and finds herself in charge of two orphans in the process.
Elizabeth resolves to take charge of Jack's dog, Rip, in an attempt to remedy Rip's apparent jealousy of their relationship. Rosemary is determined to win a San Francisco Herald essay contest about a "real frontier family"... and has to pose as Lee's wife when a reporter from the paper shows up. And Bill Avery tries his best to convince Jack that he's not the one who should be behind bars for counterfeiting.
Meanwhile, two visitors in town ponder sticking around and causing trouble for both Jack and Pastor Frank!"

My Thoughts
What a terrific beginning of Season Three on When Calls the Heart, a made for television series on Hallmark Channel. It Begins with Heart  is movie length and combines the first two episodes. My girls, Emily, Amy, and I really enjoy this series. It's always exciting when a new DVD is available. One of the things I like is that this series is not just about Jack and Elizabeth. There are multiple storylines occurring simultaneously. I guess it's a little like a Christian old-time frontier soap opera. ~grin~ 

Finally—we get some resolution in a couple of long pressing matters. There were some definite changes in a couple of the storylines. I felt like Jack and Elizabeth finally started listening to each other. That's a big change. I liked that. Abigail faced a bit of a mystery in the cafe that will spell change for her. The acting is superb as usual. I have to say that I really enjoy the sparkle that Rosemary brings to the show. Oh, I just want to tell you everything, but it would spoil it all! 

Emily: It was good. They wrapped up a lot of loose ends. They did it neatly. 
Amy: It was a good movie. It makes you want to know what happened. 

Suffice it to say that this gets five stars from the Lane Ladies! Just take a look at this trailer. 




My When Calls the Heart Reviews:
Thank you Edify Media for this complimentary review copy.

Disclosure: I was sent a sample of this product for review purposes only. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are my own based on my experience with this product. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

Tuesdays with a Twist 
Wednesday
 Wholehearted Wednesdays  - Classical Homemaking Wedded Wednesday    A Little R & R  - The Homemaking Party
Raising Homemakers
Thursday 
 Home and Garden Thursday -  Share Your Cup Thursday  - Create it Thursday -  Imparting Grace - No Rules Weekend Blog Party - Weekend Blog Hop
Monday
Mom's the Word - Good Morning Monday 
Proverbs 31

16 comments:

  1. I didn't realize this was a series on Hallmark...shows how little I know! It seems like I saw one or two of these, but I get them confused with the "Love Comes Softly" series. Silly me. I love the new look of your blog! So cheery! And, oh, guess what???? I finally got the gumption to realize that I can follow your blog on my Google dashboard! Oh, my, I can be so slow sometimes...but, my worries are over, even though I can't get it by email, I will just do it this way. To God be the glory for helping me figure it out! I hope you are well. God bless you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am well, Cheryl. I'm glad you figured out the following thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this series, gentle and satisfying (and great dresses).
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Amalia. I don't know how Elizabeth breathes though!

      Delete
  4. This is such a sweet series... I am enjoying it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, Jes. My girls are always analyzing the fashions and trying to determine if they are authentic. I just enjoy it. ~smile~

      Delete
  5. I, too, did not know this was a series on Hallmark :) How wonderful to have something to watch that is clean and refreshing!

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you know now Stephanie. Thanks so much for talking to me. We both know how much comments mean. I'll be over in just a bit.

      Delete
  6. I think I've seen something about this show on TV, but have never watched the show. I was a big Downton Abbey fan, so now that that's over I could see myself enjoying a show like this in its place, Laura. Thanks for the enthusiastic review, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Beth! I hope you like it.

      Delete
  7. sounds cozy and sweet ... good for family viewing / reading, too!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, Linda. It's so nice to watch with confidence!
      I'll be over to visit your blog in a bit!

      Delete
  8. I didn't realize how many were in this series! My son and I love the Hallmark channel. It's one of the few safe places on TV these days :). I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy this series too! It has great story lines combined with a sweet romance. It's no wonder your girls love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so grateful there is a clean, edifying option like this for entertainment. Thanks for sharing about it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can. If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura