Monday, April 25, 2016

Little One, God Made You Special ~ Amy Warren Hilliker and Polona Lovsin

I am a very big proponent of reading aloud to children from the time they are babies. There's just something about cuddling up in a rocking chair, a sofa, or even on the bed and reading together. 
One of our favorite things, when my kids were little, was cuddle snuggle love time. I would randomly yell, "It's cuddle snuggle love time!" Then everyone would hurry to my bed as fast as their little feet could take them. It was a race. 
No matter what, I always said, "I'm the winner!" 
I was. I got to hold little ones close to my heart as all four piled all over me.

This book brought sweet memories of reading with my little ones.
I love books that highlight how God made each child precious and unique.

Little One, God Made You Special has adorable illustrations that made me want to hold a little one and read aloud again... pointing out the words, the colors, the flowers, the leaves... all the things we do when we share a book with a loved little one.

It's a sturdy little board book with thick pages that a toddler can turn easily. Turning the page is one of the skills little ones must learn in order to read. Is it not? 

The book is filled with loving parents and babies— bears, rabbits, ducks, deer, and squirrels.

I like this little book a lot. 
My babies are teens and young adults now.
This book will one day find its way to a beloved grandbaby or a new mama.
It would make a lovely shower gift, and it's quite reasonable at just $6.99 retail.

Thank you Zonderkidz for this review copy.



~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~





5 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely book! I will definitely be giving books like this to my future grandchildren (someday!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carnie, I thought it was so cute, I just had to get it!

      Delete
  2. Sweet review. I'd love to purchase this one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do! Thanks for the sweet words.

      Delete
  3. Found u thru make-do homemaker. I have seen this series of books in stores and leafed thru them. My grandaughter will be 4 y/o on the 11th of this month. I am going to get this for her. Ty for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I'm taking a short spring break, so I will have a lot of messages when I get back online. If you would like a reply to your comment, please be sure to leave your email address and ask me for a response. I moderate all comments, so it your comments won't show on the blog until I get back in the swing of things.

Thanks so much for your patience!

It will be good for me to unplug for a bit. Know what I mean?
Be blessed!
Laura