Saturday, April 30, 2016

Review: Wonders of Creation ~ Adult Coloring Book

Tween, Teen, and Adult coloring books are all the rage these days.
Some are beautiful, but some include on occult symbols.
What's a mother to do when her teenage daughter wants a coloring book?


Enter Zondervan's new coloring book, 
Wonders of Creation, Illustrations to Color and Inspire. 
It's chock full of beautiful and whimsical illustrations to bring to life with colored markers, pens, or colored pencils.


The paper is heavy to help prevent bleed through. 


From the book:
"Inside these pages is an attempt to capture a portion of these wonders on paper, so you can apply your own sense of color, design, and inspiration. Some of the black and white illustrations are very intricate, allowing you to focus on the minute details... others are more fanciful and abstract...."


There is a variety of levels of intricacy that allows tweens, teens, and adults to enjoy the book together if desired. 


It's just a really nice book with a nice quality foiled paperback cover.

You've seen one of Amy's colored pages. 


Thank you Zondervan for this complimentary review copy.
All opinions expressed are my own.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, how pretty! I am so thankful to find one that is not full of the bad stuff....they just give me the creeps. This is so wholesome and good. Thank you for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ​Another blogger wrote recently about occult symbols in coloring books. I cannot remember who it was. It was nice to find this book with a good, wholesome theme.
      Happy today!​

      Delete
  2. I would love to win! Thank you for the chance! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Bethany! I'll be over for a cup of cocoa in a bit. ~smile~

      Delete
  4. Pretty, pretty, pretty. My mom and I have been wanting one of these coloring books, but decided not to buy one, because of the price tag. It would be wonderful to win one!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful book!! I recently got to try this one out http://www.tigerstrypes.com/joyful-inspirations/ and loved it!! Thanks for the chance to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful. I searched for quite awhile trying to find ones that had verses in them. I found several around Easter. They are so relaxing to coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Sitting Among Friends and Thanks for the opportunity for the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adult coloring books are quite the rage. My neighbor is on her third publication of coloring books. Another fun part of adult coloring is coloring parties!


    Thanks for sharing at SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of coloring parties, Carol. In fact, we did a mini party as part of a church ladies' event a couple months ago. Your neighbor must be quite talented!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful giveaway. Thank you for offering it. I have heard about those adult coloring books...they're really cool. :)
    Love,
    Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
    Ps. I am having a Mother's Day giveaway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy TOHOT and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura