Monday, May 30, 2016

DVD Review NOBLE

NOBLE Synopsis:
They broke everything but her spirit. They took everything but her dream. NOBLE, the award-winning feature film, is the incredible true story of a fearless Irish heroine driven by her daring vision to escape the slums of Ireland and risk everything on the streets of Vietnam.


My husband's thoughts:
It started out very slow, but it had a good ending.

My thoughts:
Many things in our lives do indeed start very slow. This movie follows the life of Christina Noble, the child of an abusive drunkard father, from the slums of Ireland to the streets of Vietnam. Ms. Noble's story is told in a frame narrative. It begins with her arrival in Vietnam and flashes back to her life in Ireland as a child and as a young adult.  The backstory in Ireland is needed to understand her intense passion for the young children she finds living in the streets, in alleys, anywhere they can find to lie their heads. Her passion leads her to fight to find a way to help as many as she can reach.

It's not an easy movie to watch. It stirs my momma heart. I thank God for his servants like Christina Noble who are faithful to the calling he puts in their hearts.

The ending was just as we would like it to be. If only it were so for every child without a father or mother to care for and protect him or her.

Watch the trailer.

I recommend this movie. It is a great way to see just how very blessed we are.

Thank you Mr. Wallach at Edify Media for this review copy.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Laura!
    I am glad you enjoyed this movie, but it does not sound like I would.
    I think I am too much of a soft heart, movies that are hard to watch will upset me for days. So I pretty much avoid seeing them. I know, to each his own, smile.
    I do enjoy your blog and posts.
    Hope things are faring well for you and your family.
    I hope you have a wonderful summer season!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, Annie. It's not really the type of movie I like to watch. It was pretty sad. It's a reminder to pray for those in need.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura