Saturday, May 7, 2016

When Calls the Heart ~ Troubled Hearts Review

~~~~~~~~~~

When Calls the Heart Troubled Hearts is now available on DVD.
Synopsis:
From celebrated author Janette Oke  comes a rigorous and romantic adventure as epic as the wide frontier. Erin Krakow, Daniel Lissing, Jack Wagner, and  Lori Loughlin star in  When Calls The Heart, “a beautiful story with roots in relationships, self-empowerment, and the enduring power of love”.

Big revelations are in store for Hope Valley as Elizabeth moves into her own row house, dismaying Jack, who has been planning to build a new home for the both of them. Rosemary discovers that Lee has taken out a loan and worries that he is in financial difficulties.  And Jesse, the young drifter who works in  Abigail’s kitchen, has information that could ruin Pastor Frank’s good standing in Hope Valley,  and begins his plan to extort the pastor with an  old “Wanted” poster…


My Thoughts:

I've come to realize that When Calls the Heart is like the soap operas that my mom watched when I was a kid. They go on and on and on. That's not bad, we like the characters. ~smile~ But like life, the stories don't begin at seven p.m., have a crisis at 7:45, and resolve at 8:30! It's not a neat little package. They just make you want more. ~smile~ When I agreed to review When Calls the HeartI had no idea what I was getting into! As long as there are still troubled hearts in Hope Valley, we get to keep watching one of the most wholesome series I've seen in a long time. Win! My daughters and I look forward to watching as the new installments come out.  I love the convenience of DVD, because I can watch during the odd moments rather than at a set time someone else dictates. 

I really liked Troubled Hearts. It was neat seeing Elizabeth learning new skills as she fixed up her row house, Rosemary helping Lee in her flighty yet responsible way, and seeing some steps forward in the maturing of several characters. I think that is something I've liked about the series. Even though they are adults, all of the main characters are growing up in their thinking and behaviors as time passes. Even the villain, Mr. McGowen, shows a bit of kindness. 

There was one scene that had me talking to the t.v.—because sometimes, Jack and Elizabeth need to talk openly. In fact, if they'd just say what they were thinking, the residents of Hope Valley could save another episode or two of misunderstandings and/or hurt feelings. On the other hand, we keep coming back to see how they iron out the wrinkles that they make themselves. I guess the formula works. 

Anyhow, it was another enjoyable afternoon spent in Hope Valley.


Thank you Mr. Wallach at Edify Media for this complimentary review copy!





5 comments:

  1. Hey Laura! I was really blessed by your checking in with me comment you left on my blog recently-- after all this time! Some days are really great- others are still rough lol. I've had a lot to keep me busy recently (working SSSOOO much!) but the underlying concerns are always there :) But in answer to your question, things aren't perfect, but they have been better <3 Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I sure did :)

    I just love this show...its one of the most family friendly type of shows. Plus the boys don't like it, so it gives me some girlie time. ;)

    Enjoy your week, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so good.. Your blog looks so pretty.. Have a blessed day..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this show and most of the Hallmark movies. There is usually a moral to the story of which we have gotten away from in recent years. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can. If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura