Welcome to another thrifty week at Harvest Lane Cottage. I am honored by your visit. Each week I share my thrifty and frugal projects, ways of saving money, and my blessings from God.
I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
This week was a little different for us. My friend's daughter came to visit us Sunday night with plans to stay a couple days. It's Friday, and she's still visiting. It has been a very pleasant week, and I'm glad you got to stay a little longer than planned. My Emily left for camp Sunday. She's going to be an intern for nearly a month. Having Amy's friend visit helped with the initial days of separation. Still, I miss my girl so very much!
I love it when y'all leave comments, so I can meet you and see your blogs, too.
Here's my thrifty week:
- We rented some movies instead of taking the girls to the movie theater. They didn't like the idea of paying $10 for a matinee. Neither did I.
- The girls made some delicious cupcakes for one afternoon of fun. My husband thought they were the best ever.
- The girls swam in the creek a couple of times.
- They shopped at Walmart and found coordinating t-shirts. Yes. I paid retail for Amy's t-shirt. Yes. $12. Not very thrifty, but if you could have seen the fun they had picking them out. They loved the Christian sayings.
- I cooked from scratch using the odds and ends I had on hand at the end of the pay period. I used up lots of supplies including all my eggs, all my butter, and all my milk. Perhaps you remember from last week that I spent most of the grocery money to fix the van's air conditioner.
- I made a cake using a mix my dad gave me while hubby was unemployed. I didn't have 3 eggs, so I used 2 and used milk for part of the water. I made frosting using a block of cream cheese and all the leftover powdered sugar I could find. A little vanilla and a little cream leftover from the girls' cupcakes thinned it to spreadable consistency. My man thought it was the best lightest cake he's had.
- I saved money on gas; because the van broke down, and I couldn't drive it. But God. Watch for more on that later.
What are you doing in your home this week?
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!