Thursday, June 2, 2016

Phil Wickham's Latest Album “Children of God” ~ A Review

♥^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^♥


Phil Wickham's Children of God  CD

Music. Thousands of years ago, Miriam used it to celebrate being delivered from Pharaoh by coming through the Red Sea. David used it to calm Saul when he was tormented. It's been used for worship and praise throughout the centuries. It's also been used to teach and to have fun. Sadly, it's been used in bad ways as well.

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then music is in the ear of the listener. My children enjoy a wide variety of music styles. I primarily enjoy praise and worship music. When offered this album, I clicked on the video to see what type of music Phil Wickham sings. I listened to "Your Love Awakens Me".

I thought, wow, this sounds like something we would sing at church! It is. It is like something we would sing at church. We worship in a church with a Pentecostal flair. My pastor says we're the rowdy kids. ~smile~ We like upbeat praise music and sincere worship music.  Upon looking at earlier songs, I found several that we have indeed sung in church including "This is Amazing Grace", one of the most popular songs in churches in America. I expect we'll be singing some of the songs on Children of God soon!
I liked this album a lot. It had a great mix of faster and slower songs. They were God honoring. I didn't feel like I was listening to a performance. It was more like being there worshiping together in spirit and in truth. Phil Wickham is very gifted and this album is exemplary. Please listen to the video and enjoy!

My favorites were "Your Love Awakens Me" and "The Doxology".

My 14 year old Amy's favorites were:
"The Secret Place", "The Doxology", and "Your Love Awakens Me".

This was a great upbeat album to listen to while we were doing housework. Peppy music helps keep you moving!


SOCIAL – CORNER
You may purchase at these places:




I received this CD from Flyby Promotions in exchange for an honest review.

♥^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^♥



1 comment:

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can. If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura