Saturday, June 25, 2016

REVIEW: Chasing Grace ~ A Faith Based Film

Chasing Grace 
Official Synopsis

A tragic accident threatens to destroy a pastor’s family and sets into motion a complex betrayal between two brothers, while exposing secrets no one wants to face.

Pastor Jonathan Matheson lives in a world of black and white, yet finds a way to navigate the “grey in-between” to work to his advantage, while facing one of the most tragic moments of his life. Set in small-town America and woven inside a tale of redemption, “Chasing Grace” is a story of how one family takes on the burden of guilt in order to make sense of their loss. While pointing the finger of blame at his brother, Pastor Jonathan also chooses to hide from the truth while trying to escape his own personal demons. “Chasing Grace” is loosely based upon true events and provides a powerful story about the redeeming power of forgiveness. 

My husband's thoughts: I thought that the overall quality of the film, the quality of the actors and the setting were all good. The house was absolutely beautiful. The movie started out very dismal and it moved pretty slow. Obviously they had issues, but I think they drug it out too long. They put too much stuff in it. I wouldn't watch it again. It's a very heavy movie. To the world, that could be a really hard hitting movie. 

My teenage daughter's thoughts: The whole entire movie was sad, depressing, and intense except for the opening and the last two scenes. Literally. I didn't like the movie. The policemen were messed up as well as everyone else in the movie—almost. I wouldn't really recommend this to anybody, because it definitely wasn't one of my favorite movies. They made you want to know what was going to happen in the end, but they didn't resolve it very well.

My teenage son's thoughts: That was dismal. Everybody was stupid. The acting was not very good. Cinematography was fair. They had the laws wrong, and they made the police officers look like total idiots. I didn't enjoy it very much.

My thoughts: This was not a happy happy joy joy kind of movie, but it was not meant to be. This was a very intense movie filled with pain and anguish. Each member of the family, and their friends, dealt with a tragic event that left them grieving. Sometimes things happen which do not make sense. Sometimes we try to deal with the pain by blaming or lashing out at others. Sometimes we stuff it, sometimes we do stupid things.  

The depth of emotion that was portrayed is not comfortable. We all felt drawn into the emotion of the movie. We didn't like what was happening, but that's the kind of movie it was. It was a story of taking the broken pieces of life and trying to make something different so that life can go on. It was a sad film, but I thought it had good resolution.

This is a story of forgiveness, and hatred, and anger. This is a story of putting your money where your mouth is, and doing what you say you believe. This is a story of redemption and the struggle for it. If you like to watch this kind of movie, this is a very good movie.

I think this is a worthwhile movie. I suggest you watch the trailer then look at the website to make up your own mind. 

Dove rates this 12+.
If you have kids, I suggest you read their review prior to allowing them to watch it. 

"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this product for free in exchange for an honest review.   I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16  CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

2 comments:

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can. If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura