Saturday, July 2, 2016

When Calls the Heart ~ Heart of a Hero


My Thoughts:  
It's always exciting when I get a package in the mail. Reviewing makes that little thrill possible for me. Thank you Edify Media! This time it was the latest DVD from When Calls the Heart, Heart of a Hero. As I told you last time, When Calls the Heart is basically a clean, romantic, and funny soap opera shown on the Hallmark Channel. I enjoy the interplay between all the characters. I've been watching and reviewing WCTH movies since November of 2013, and I never tire of Jack and Elizabeth and the other delightful main characters.

Heart of a Hero provides needed closure to the Garrison Gang issue that caused Abigail, Pastor Frank, and Bill Avery no small amount of trouble and anxiety. It also, to keep things interesting, began two more storylines that could cause a little trouble in the future. That's the way with continuing series.... ~smile~

You don't want to miss this one. One of my favorite things is that you can really see a new level of maturity in Jack and Elizabeth's relationship. They seem to be talking and hearing better. I'm proud of them. ~smile~

I continue to hear the same complaint from my 14 year old daughter— costuming is not consistent with the time period, and the ladies of Hope Valley have more clothes than is possible for widows in a town with no dress shop! Amy's trying to figure out exactly when it's set. She has narrowed it down to sometime around 1915 because of a Farmer's Almanac that Elizabeth consulted in a previous episode, but there is no mention of World War I. I guess we'll just have to keep watching.

The official description:
New arrivals bring excitement, love and danger to Hope Valley. Pastor Frank has been reinstated following the revelation of his criminal past, but the arrival of his old cohorts, the Garrison Gang, are making life (and his relationship with Abigail) very tense. Bill Avery has his own debt to settle with Jake Garrison, and Jack intends to stay Bill’s hand from killing the man. Meanwhile, Lee’s foot injury brings a pretty nurse, Faith Carter from Hamilton… and soon after, her possessive fiance. And Jack rises to the defense of new settlers on Gowen’s land when Gowen abruptly raises their rent.

From celebrated author Janette Oke (The Love Comes Softly series) comes a rigorous and romantic adventure as epic as the wide frontier. Erin Krakow, Daniel Lissing, Jack Wagner, and Lori Loughlin star in When Calls The Heart, "a beautiful story with roots in relationships, self-empowerment, and the enduring power of love", (Common Sense Media). 
Season 3 DVD 3


Thank you Mr. Wallach at Edify Media for this complimentary review copy!



4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the first season of that show. It was quite delightful, but then I watched 2 episodes of the second season and was disappointed by the costume, make-up, hair, demeanor of the girls, and some of the sets. Maybe I was being picky, but I'm glad to hear I'm not alone at least in the costume area.

    Is season 3 any better in regards to these areas? What is your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Calls The Heart is one of my favorite shows. I get it on Netflix so have to wait a whole year for the next season to come out. I've seen the first two seasons. I do love the characters and the clothing but I know it would be unrealistic to believe that they have that many cute clothes. Maybe Elizabeth because she comes from money but the whole show just makes me smile. I enjoy your blog! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really neat you get to review dvds :) Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am off to check your other posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen a couple of library copies, not whole seasons, just episodes. I enjoyed them, I have not seen the one mentioned here. One thing I noticed about all the clothes are the heaviness of them, they seem like it's the middle of winter in the fabric weight, and padding. Those bright blue coats looked off, more like spring fashions would be. Also they seem to move in a gaggle like geese,when the ladies are all together. I can't recall that pushy woman's name at the moment, the actress cook, running the saw mill office, but man, I'd really just like to tell her off and put her out to pasture. She is entirely irritating with her condescending attitude.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can. If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura