Welcome to another thrifty week at Harvest Lane Cottage. I am honored by your visit. Each week I share my thrifty and frugal projects, ways of saving money, and my blessings from God.
I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
I was thrilled to feel a bit of a chill in the very early mornings this week. It's been under '90, and I'm so thankful. I am going to take a week or two off from writing. I have much to do right now with school starting and getting used to a new schedule. I will post any reviews that are due, and maybe a thrifty week post; but otherwise, I'll be taking some time away from the computer. Please come back and see me in September!
Here's my thrifty week:
- I made some personal tissue covers from fabric and thread in my stash.
- I left the air conditioner off one day.
- We rented DVDs for half price $.82 on Sunday at our local video store.
- I bought some drinks at Sonic's Happy Hour.
- We shopped at a couple thrift stores, but only bought a couple of orange t-shirts for $.50 to make little fabric pumpkins with.
- I edited a review that my son wrote for a Bluetooth speaker.
- I listed some more things on Ebay.
- I also sold some books on Ebay.
- I used my freezer as a refrigerator for my milk so that it wouldn't go bad. The fridge part itself isn't staying cold enough. I am limping along with it in hopes that it will work better when it gets cooler. If worse comes to worse, I guess I'll need to use a cooler. ~grin~
- I got the latest When Calls the Heart DVD Forever in My Heart. You'll see a review soon.
Don't forget to enter my little Autumn giveaway.
It's just the cutest little board book!Well, that's my thrifty week.
What are you doing in your home this week?
I enjoyed this quote from Joyce Meyer this week:
"When we believe the best of people, we let go of each thing they do that is hurtful to us. And we choose to think things like, 'I don't believe they meant to hurt me.' 'Maybe they're having a bad day or don't feel well.' 'They probably don't even realize how they sound.' Joyce Meyer"
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/joyce_meyer.html
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!