Thursday, August 11, 2016

REVIEW: Caged No More DVD



This is a guest review by my almost nineteen year old daughter, 

   Two weeks ago my brother and I sat down to watch the new movie 
Caged No More. The story is about two young girls who are sold into sex trafficking by their step-father, and their relatives journey to rescue them. As we started the movie, we were both skeptical about the content and the quality. This was a movie about sex trafficking, after all, and we didn't know where they were going with it.

   By the end of the movie, we both agreed that it was a good movie. The cinematography was well done. The acting was good for a Christian movie and the story was pretty interesting. For people who have never been exposed to or looked into sex trafficking, it's an eye opener. They incorporated a couple of foundations into the storyline that assist trafficked girls, which really is the whole point of the movie—to make Christians more aware of what is going on and to get them active in the field. 

   The story went into details about trafficking without being explicit and never showed anything sexually inappropriate. But I would not recommend it for young children, simply because of the mature content. 

   The biggest issue was the main character, Miss Aggie. Her acting was simply over-the-top dramatic and caused us to feel anxious and stressed even when the situation in the movie should not have made us stressed. 

   Overall, it was a good movie. I would give it about 3.5 stars out 5. But the real issue is about sex trafficking. It is a serious issue, not only in our culture, but in the world as a whole. As Christians, we have a duty to fight against this horrible practice. If you would like to learn more about the movie or how to get involved, visit  Caged No More Movie.






Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura