Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Rhonda Stoppe's If My Husband Would Change, I'd Be Happy


If My Husband Would Change, I'd Be Happy

by Rhonda Stoppe 

Women's Interest
Harvest House

Like most brides on their wedding day, you no doubt were filled with love for your husband and the hope of a happy life together. But perhaps today, as the realities of life together have settled in, those happy expectations are going unfulfilled. And it's tempting to think, "If only my husband would change, I'd be happy."
That myth is but one of many that Rhonda Stoppe dispels in her easy-to-read exploration of what it takes to experience a truly happy marriage. In the process, she addresses such important topics as:
  • understanding your husband's need for your unconditional respect
  • rekindling the love that drew you to your husband in the first place
  • refusing to believe the lie that you'd be happier married to someone else
  • learning to be content in the midst of financial struggles
  • thinking about s.. from a biblical worldview
If you desire to rekindle the love and hope you felt on your wedding day, this book will go a long way toward making that dream come true.

Contains discussion questions and personal reflections at the end of each chapter.
About the author:

Rhonda Stoppe is the No Regrets Woman. She is an author and speaker dedicated to helping women live life with no regrets. With more than 20 years' experience as a mom, mentor, and pastor's wife, Rhonda's wisdom and experience helps women discover significance in God and His specific purpose for their lives, connect biblical principles to everyday decisions, develop a loving marriage that others dream about, and influence the next generation by raising children with integrity.




MY THOUGHTS:
   Wow. This is a really good book. I love it when a book points the reader solidly to Jesus. This is that kind of book. Mrs. Stoppe encourages us to deal with the plank in our own eyes, get out of the way, and let God deal with the speck in our husbands' eyes. 

Early in the book, Mrs. Stoppe wrote about unconditional respect for one's husband regardless of the kind of man he is, what he does, etc. I was reminded of Emerson Eggerichs' book Love and Respect. She did reference his teachings. She really boiled it down to easy to relate to terms.

In every chapter, she recognizes that our husbands are not Mr. Perfect, just as we are not Mrs. Perfect. She goes to the heart issues of what God requires of the wife regardless of how the husband acts or doesn't act (barring abuse).

The real change and the only way to truly love and respect our husbands is to love God and seek Him passionately. All other love comes out of that love.

This is a book that I will be studying more. I know I will be happier when I change even if my husband never does.... And boy does it feel awkward to write this knowing that my blog posts go to my man's email. ~grin~

This book can replace just about every marriage book I've ever owned. I highly recommend it!

Be blessed wives and wives to be!

Laura

Disclosure: I was sent a sample of this product for review purposes only. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are my own based on my experience with this product. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."



Monday
Mom's the Word - Good Morning Monday Mommy Moments  Amaze Me Monday - Living Proverbs 31
The Art of Homemaking    Modest Mondays - Mommy Mondays Mom to Mom Mondays 

Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesday  Wholehearted Wednesdays  Homestead Blog Hop    A Little R & R  
Raising Homemakers - A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of book, I will have to buy one soon. Thank you for coming by and saying Hi on my blog. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a marriage book. I guess I feel that if it isn't broken, why fix it and 45 years of life with my best friend have been pretty wonderful.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a book I'd love. I loved the Love and Respect book a lot! It's one of the marriage books I recommend the most. Now you have me eager to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find it helpful sharing life!

      Delete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura