Welcome to another thrifty week at Harvest Lane Cottage. I am honored by your visit. Each week I share my thrifty and frugal projects, ways of saving money, and my blessings from God.
I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
Fall is here— or it should be. We're still waiting for crisp mornings and chilly evenings. I burned a Maple Pumpkin Muffin candle to celebrate the first day of fall. I had planned on a nice cup of tea, but didn't get it made. I didn't seem to relax much yesterday.
|Have you read The Thrifty Woman's |
Real Estate Investment Strategy yet?
This next week I should be busy with real estate investment. We've got too much stuff in this little house, and it's time to move some of it out. My friend is coming over with her things next Thursday for a yard sale. The date is set. Now I have to make progress! No more putting it off. I hope my husband will help me this weekend.
Next week, the post may be a little late... or I may skip a week again. We'll see how busy I am this week. I intend to write every week, but once in awhile life gets in the way. Imagine that....
Here's my thrifty week:
- Saturday lunch out with Lowell and my daughters. $1.99 fish and fries special at Long John Silver's... Three of us substituted hush puppies for fries. It was quite filling for eight dollars and tax.
- A last apple crisp from the apples my friend gave me.
- Rebuild transmission on new-to-me van under warranty (within 500 miles of the warranty ending) Praise God and thanks to my husband for noticing something wasn't working right.
- Loaner car free
- Husband got good deals on veggies at Aldi
- Bleach and Oxiclean off brands at Dollar Tree $1 each
- Mended a towel that was coming unsewn
- Used up veggies and things on hand
What are you doing in your home this week?
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!
You might enjoy reading...