Monday, September 5, 2016

REVIEW: WHEN CALLS THE HEART ~ Forever in My Heart


Season 3 DVD 4
Forever in My Heart
My girls and I have watched a lot of When Calls the Heart episodes. I love how family friendly they are. I never worry about telling the girls to avert their eyes or singing la la la while a bad scene is quickly skipped.

The Official Description:
When Cody’s sister, Becky, returns to Hope Valley, she’s in a wheelchair due to her illness. Suspecting that Becky isn’t walking because she’s receiving a lot of attention, Elizabeth encourages her to try harder, both in her efforts to stand and in honing her talent for drawing. All are surprised to meet Carolyn Connors, Cody and Becky’s long-lost, wealthy aunt who wishes to raise them on her own… away from Hope Valley. Meanwhile, Rebecca’s efforts to land a role in a film may catapult her to stardom… and out of the arms of Lee.

From celebrated author Janette Oke (The Love Comes Softly series) comes a rigorous and romantic adventure as epic as the wide frontier. Erin Krakow, Daniel Lissing, Jack Wagner, and Lori Loughlin star in When Calls The Heart, "a beautiful story with roots in relationships, self-empowerment, and the enduring power of love", (Common Sense Media). 

My Thoughts:
Since this is season three, the actors and actresses are very comfortable with each other and it shows in their on screen relationships. Forever in My Heart was one of the better videos. There were lots of interesting things going on. Most interesting was Rosemary's opportunity to act in a movie! It was entertaining to see how that played out. Lee has troubles at the mill. Prepare for some surprise resolution on that one. Abigail's pours out her heart to the orphans she's cared for and finds that life is often out of control. Mr. Gowen gets a big surprise that ends up surprising the mounties as well. All in all, it was an excellent episode. I really enjoyed it.

If you've not yet watched When Calls the Heart, I highly suggest you do.

Hallmark has lots of video clips on the official When Calls the Heart website.
FACEBOOK

Thank you Mr. Wallach at Edify Media for this complimentary review copy!
Disclosure: I was sent a sample of this product for review purposes only. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are my own based on my experience with this product. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

4 comments:

  1. I have seen a couple of episodes of this series.
    I enjoyed those, I think the costumes are lovely.
    Clean content is what I look for too in movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clean content is hard to find, Annie.
      My daughter is going to junior college this semester and has been surprised about the level of foul language even in classes, as though it's normal talk. I tell my kids that things like that are not normal, but they are common.

      God bless you!
      Laura

      Delete
  2. This is my absolutely favorite show! I discovered it on netflix this summer and I can't wait until season 3 comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, I didn't realize it was on Netflix. Thanks for talking back. I'll be over for a visit in a few minutes!
      Laura

      Delete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I'm taking a short spring break, so I will have a lot of messages when I get back online. If you would like a reply to your comment, please be sure to leave your email address and ask me for a response. I moderate all comments, so it your comments won't show on the blog until I get back in the swing of things.

Thanks so much for your patience!

It will be good for me to unplug for a bit. Know what I mean?
Be blessed!
Laura