Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The Afters album, Live on Forever!

The Afters latest album, Live On Forever!, is full of God glorifying music with a very K-LOVE sound to it. That's my way of saying that I think the album is what I'd call mainstream Contemporary Christian. It's got a rock sound to it, but it's not a metal sound. I listened to it in the van while driving... exactly the place I usually listen to popular music.

I am a channel changer. There. I said it. My ears are sensitive to music with a lot of loud clashing cymbals and percussion. There is plenty of percussion and a great beat, but this doesn't hurt my ears... well, not if it's at a reasonable volume. ~grin~ One thing about me, I'm nobody's target market. The songs on this album do not make me want to change channels. I enjoy them.

I was excited when I heard the song Fighting my Battles. I think this is a song I may hear in my church in the near future. It is a glorious, depend-on-God song.

This music is so upbeat, it invigorates me. Hmm... this might good house cleaning music! I'm listening to Time of my Life right now. My head is bopping back and forth. It makes me feel young (51 if you're wondering).

Wake Up My Heart is an awesome song of devotion and crying out to the Holy Spirit to awaken our hearts out of their slumber... something we truly need in the United States, and the world.  It's an anthem song that I can imagine being sung around the world.

The members of the Afters have lived through some very difficult times recently. They've really pressed into God, and this album shows their devotion to God.

My teen girls' favorite track was "Shadows".

Amy's (15) Thoughts:
I think it was a good CD, with good music. You should consider getting this CD if you like Contemporary Christian music. I like the songs "Shadows", "Wake Up My Heart", and "Sunrise". It's upbeat. Over all, I enjoyed it, and I give this CD a 4 1/2 star rating...great!

Emily's (19) Thoughts: 
It was good Christian album, kind of a fun CD. It has a cool sound to it. It's a fun CD. 

Listen in and see what you think!
Live On Forever (Official Music Video)

Get Connected with The Afters: Official website

"Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the
Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this CD for review.


~~~~~
Related Posts:

~~~~~


This article is featured in issue #133 of
The Christian Home Magazine.

9 comments:

  1. Great post. Thanks for introducing me to this great song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christian music. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love music too!
    Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Afters! Christian contemporary is definitely on my list of top favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love songs from the 60's and 70's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Lynne. Thanks for visiting and entering.

      Delete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura