Welcome to another thrifty week at Harvest Lane Cottage. I am honored by your visit. Each week I share my thrifty and frugal projects, ways of saving money, and my blessings from God.
I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
The truth is that I've been on the run all week. I've reconnected with friends, attended our town's Maple Leaf Festival, volunteered at the Republican Headquarters, attended election judge training (my first time), took my daughter to a dentist appointment an hour away, attended a debate watch party, grocery shopped, helped with a Third Thursday craft booth my girlfriends run, and took my kids to their home school co-op meeting. So. Guess who hasn't even had time to be thrifty this week? Yep. Me. So, I am rather embarrassed as I write this.
Life happens. Sometimes it's just really busy. I left the house this morning at 8:30 and got home about 8:30. I can only imagine how hard it must be for ladies who have jobs outside the home. Bless you ladies! So, please give me grace, and I'll try to do better next week. God bless you all! Thank you for reading about my efforts, leaving me such kind, encouraging comments, and telling me about what you've been doing. I love gleaning new ideas!
Here's my thrifty week:
- My husband saved us major money by fixing his computer himself.
- My husband re-caulked the bathroom tub enclosure himself. It looks so much better!
- I altered a flashlight holster for my son.
- I ate leftover refried beans for supper one night. I had frozen them last week.
- Eggs $.49 a dozen!
- Chicken soup from chicken that was given to us a few weeks ago that we froze.
What are you doing in your home this week?
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!