Thursday, October 20, 2016

When Calls the Heart ~ Hearts in Question

Hearts in Question is the latest in Hallmark's When Calls the Heart series. If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know that my teenage daughters and I really enjoy When Calls the Heart. Thanks to reviewing, I've been able to collect all the DVDs to date. These DVDs are good, clean entertainment. No they're not entirely accurate to the time period they're set in, but we enjoy them anyway.

Hearts in Question welcomed Brooke Shields to Hope Valley as Jack's mother Charlotte. I enjoyed watching Shields and Daniel Lissing together. They really did seem like mother and son. Like many a mother, she critiqued his clothes and hair, and offered help and suggestions. In When Calls the Heart style, she ends up staying with Elizabeth and critiquing her. Isn't that fun? Elizabeth, Erin Krakow, eager to be accepted, holds her tongue even when Charlotte adds lots of her secret ingredient to nearly every dish Elizabeth cooks! You'll groan when you see what it is.

Like always, the show is packed with plot movers. Gowen is in another mess—this time with the bank. The weather attacks with massive rain, flooding, and a resulting mine collapse. Of course Jack must save the day!

Meanwhile, Rosemary is almost feverishly planning and preparing for her wedding day. Everything must be perfect! It's enough to drive those around her to distraction!

All in all, a very entertaining evening of entertainment that I felt safe letting my girls watch without fear of bad language, s--ual innuendos, or violence. It gets five stars from this mom!

Now take a look for yourself!


My When Calls the Heart Reviews:

Thank you Edify Media for this complimentary copy.
Disclosure: I was sent a sample of this product for review purposes only. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are my own based on my experience with this product. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."


9 comments:

  1. Great post. I love a good clean movie!
    Thanks for sharing this!
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you're welcome Lynn. Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your review! I am going to look for this series to watch myself. Have you watched the "Love Comes Softly" dvds based on Janet Oke's books? I started watching them and loved them so much that my son Jaysn bought me the rest of the series. :)

    Be blessed my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Debbie, I've watched the LCS dvds—at least all I'm aware of. I really liked them, too. That's a good son! Be blessed.
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Hello Laura,

    Although Mr.B roll's his eyes ... I very much enjoy the "When Calls the Heart" series.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mr. L watched the first few with me then had a similar response. ~giggle~

      Delete
  4. My husband and I loved this show and we knew we were really going to miss it when we gave up our cable. Now our DVD player isn't working so we can't even try and borrow it from the library. :::grumble grumble:::
    So nice to have such a wholesome show, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I'm taking a short spring break, so I will have a lot of messages when I get back online. If you would like a reply to your comment, please be sure to leave your email address and ask me for a response. I moderate all comments, so it your comments won't show on the blog until I get back in the swing of things.

Thanks so much for your patience!

It will be good for me to unplug for a bit. Know what I mean?
Be blessed!
Laura