Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Zondervan's Devotions for Christmas ~ A Celebration to Bring You Peace and Joy

Zondervan's new book, Devotions for Christmas, is a pretty little devotional with glossy pages, exquisite photography, and a fresh take on Christmas devotions.

I've read a lot of Christmas books over the years. This one presents the beauty of the meaning of Christmas in a unique way.

First, the devotional is dated from December 1 through December 31. This helps us focus on the LORD all month long.

Second, the topics center around many of the ideas, phrases, and things  we use to celebrate Christmas. For instance, Home for the Holidays, Holiday Memories, Christmas Stockings, Going Caroling, Family Traditions, A Modest Christmas, The Aroma of Christmas, and A New Thing are just a few of the titles which help us keep Jesus at the center of it all.

The beauty of the book, the relevant topics, the memories triggered, and the focus on Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior all come together to make this a meaningful devotional perfect for your early mornings or evenings together or alone. It would also make an excellent early gift of love.

From Zondervan: 
In the swirling busyness of December, take a moment to relax and reflect on the true meaning of Christmas
We all know that Christmas is a time to celebrate Christ the King born to us, to enjoy our family and friends, and to indulge in those annual traditions we look forward to every year. But even though we may understand the true reason for the season, far too few of us know how to celebrate Christmas as the time of peace that it is meant to be.
With a rich, daily devotion for every day of December, Devotions for Christmas offers you a way to unplug and spend some time reconnecting with a childlike sense of wonder and joy at the mystery and blessings of Christmas. Settle in and enjoy peaceful and hope-inspired Devotions for Christmas.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I read through it quickly for the review, but I may read it again day by day. It's a pretty book, too. Happy Thanksgiving Annie!

      Delete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura