Thursday, November 3, 2016

Zondervan's NIV Journaling Bible for Girls Review


The NIV Holy Bible for Girls, Journal Edition is the perfect way to apply Scripture to your everyday life. Designed with the thoughtful writer in mind, a whimsical cover and journaling lines inspire reflection in God’s Word. This Bible contains the full text of the bestselling New International Version (NIV) translation. 

Features include:
  • Lines on each page for journaling and notes
  • Thick paper perfect for any writing utensil
  • A presentation page for gift giving
  • A “How to Use This Bible” page to get started on the right foot
  • Ribbon marker
  • The complete text of the bestselling New International Version (NIV)


Since this Bible is now my fifteen year old daughter, Amy's, Bible, I thought it best to have her help in reviewing it.

“I like this Bible, and I like how it has just one column on each page, instead of two, like my other Bible. This makes more room for notes, and studying/seeing each verse more separately. Works well with the Psalms and Proverbs.

I do think that the Bible itself is a nice hardback and cutely decorated, but with it’s thickness, the spine binding on the Bible seems unsupportive. That may partly be because of the thickness of the book. The cover, though I like the way it looks, is smooth, and therefore slidy; and with a thick book, that is not so good in my opinion for a Bible, that will normally be on my lap.

I overall like this Bible, but it is one that will be my “second” Bible, not the one I use all of the time. Unless I need to for some reason, I will probably not take it to church with me normally. I will mainly use it for more of a note Bible at home. This is a journal edition Bible, but I will just use it for notes, not big elaborate drawings.
One a good note, though, the pages are very wide margined and very nice for a note taker. I am glad to have an NIV Bible; my normal Bible is NKJV. The pages are a little hard to turn sometimes. I do enjoy the elastic strap on the Bible as a way to keep it shut, for with a big, thick Bible like that (probably around 1 ½ inches thick), and new, slick pages, it is a nice way to keep it shut and safer.

I like it, but some things I might change. I do enjoy the cover, and setup of the Bible, though, and if you are interested in having a note Bible, I would suggest this one! I am 15, but I don’t think the cover design is too little girly. It is adaptable to teens also, though parts of the cover indicates little girl stuff. But I think a teenage girl would love to use this Bible, and would be glad she chose it to take notes in. The lined note columns on the sides are handy."
-Amy, 15.

My Thoughts:

I liked the way the Bible felt. The Elastic was firm, but had stretch to it. There's a lot of nice space for note taking. That's something I like. It's a girls' Bible, but I think Amy will enjoy it for a long time. It doesn't look little girl at all. Because of the packaging, and our culture, 'tweens through fifteen is probably the best age for gift giving, but I think an older girl would still like it. It would work for an adult as well.

Learn more at Zondervan.

Disclosure: I was sent a sample of this product for review purposes only. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are my own based on my experience with this product. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this give away. I know my granddaughter would love this Bible journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this giveaway. Have a granddaughter who I would gift this to that really wants one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our 12 year old would love this. She's starting a "read the Bible in a year" on Jan. 1 and this would be wonderful for journaling each night along with prayer request. Thank you & blessings! Julie

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can. If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura