Sneezing, coughing, scratchy throat, achy, and fussy, colds happen to all of us. We women think we can push through anything, but sometimes we need a little tender loving care, too. At the first sign of a cold coming on, get right in the fight.
A Bit of advice from Momma Laura.
- Cold Eze or generic zinc lozenges at the first sign of a sniffle or scratchy throat
- Garlic—any way you can get it in you. It's a natural antibiotic. You can even cut it up in little pieces and swallow it like a pill. You can peel a clove and put it in your ear with a band-aid over it for ear aches, too. Don't shove it in! Keep it in the outer part of the ear.
- Cayenne pepper—perhaps in a chili or in a salsa with the garlic
- Elderberry in any form. You can even get capsules at Walmart.
- Chicken soup—it's just good for you in so many ways.
- Lots of fluids
- Sleep or rest as much as possible
- Hot tea with honey just because it's so soothing
You may not be able to avoid getting a cold, but lessening the symptoms or shortening the duration can make a big difference in how you make it through.
Don't forget the most important get well tip of all—pray!
God bless you all,
Edited to add:
- Airborne tablets help if you start at the very beginning of your cold.
- Vitamin C