Saturday, March 18, 2017

31 Verses to Write on Your Heart by Liz Curtis Higgs

31 Verses to Write on Your Heart by Liz Curtis Higgs—Review by Laura Lane of Harvest Lane Cottage
When I read a Liz Curtis Higgs book, I feel like I'm reading a letter from a dear friend. I've read many of Liz's books through the years including her children's books, The Pumpkin Patch Parable, The Pine Tree Parable, and The Sunflower Parable. Whether fiction, nonfiction, she always keeps my attention with her compassion, her wit, and her masterful use of the English language. Through it all her love for Jesus and for women shines through.

Liz has a way of just reading my mail. She understands the struggles we women have, and her books reflect it. 31 Verses to Write on Your Heart is no exception. These verses were collected from readers, and Liz has dissected them using multiple Bible versions and translations. She breaks down each verse word by word and brings out the full, rich meaning of each verse. She also offers background information and suggestions for memorizing each scripture beginning with short ones that mean the most to us individually.

This is warm, witty, and a book that I enjoyed.

Thank you Liz!

Liz Curtis Higgs
    "Our smartphones and tablets may run out of juice," admits best-selling author Liz Curtis Higgs, “and even a small travel Bible can be out of reach when we need it most. God has a better plan: ‘These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts’ (Deuteronomy 6:6)."

    With 31 Verses to Write on Your Heart , Higgs has crafted an engaging and insightful book that helps women:
    · renew their joy when they read the Bible discover the richness of Scripture
    · learn creative ways to memorize their favorite verses 
    · apply God’s Word to their daily lives, and 
    · be equipped to encourage others with God’s truth 
    Beautifully packaged in hardcover, this book provides deep biblical insights into verses that were chosen by more than 1,000 women as their favorites. Readers will find verses they know and love: “I can do all this through him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13) as well as ones that may be less familiar but are no less powerful: “Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.” (Proverbs 29:25) 

    Alongside the truths that Higgs highlights, she provides 31 practical ideas for helping women store verses in their hearts forever. For instance, she encourages women to record the Bible verse on their phones for easy review or to draw a picture to illustrate the verse they’re memorizing.  

    31 Verses to Write on Your Heart includes discussion questions and a Bible study guide for individuals or small groups. As Liz writes, “God meets with us when we gather around His Word, and He often surprises us with fresh discoveries about our relationship with Him.”

    ABOUT THE AUTHOR
    Liz Curtis Higgs has one goal: to help women embrace the grace of God with joy and abandon. Her messages are biblical, encouraging, down-to-earth, and profoundly funny, helping sisters and seekers experience the depth of God’s love. Higgs is the author of more than 30 books with 4.6 million copies in print, including her million-selling series, Bad Girls of the Bible, The Girl’s Still Got It and It’s Good to Be Queen. She has spoken at 1,700 women’s conferences in all 50 states and 14 countries. A former radio personality, Higgs has appeared on more than 700 media outlets including NPR, “Focus on the Family,” “Life Today,” PBS and A&E. She and her husband, Bill Higgs, just celebrated 30 years of marriage and share their life together in a 19th century farmhouse in Louisville, Kentucky.

    Visit Liz online:

    ISBN 9781601428912 ● Hardcover ● 224 Pages ● $14.99 U.S./$19.99 Canada
    eBook ISBN 9781601428929 ● $11.99 U.S./$13.99 Canada


    Disclosure: I was sent a sample of this product for review purposes only. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are my own based on my experience with this product. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."



    Read my other Liz Curtis Higgs reviews.

    The Girl's Still Got It

    Here Burns my Candle


    Mine is the Night

    The Women of Christmas



    A Wreath of Snow

    It's Good to Be Queen




    10 comments:

    1. Thank you, for the review, Laura! I just love her books and can't wait to get my hands on this one!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Sounds like a very good book!

      ReplyDelete
    3. What a great review, added it to my book wish list!

      ReplyDelete
    4. My mother-in-law has shared a couple of her books with me. Like you, I enjoy reading a book that makes me feel like I am hearing from a friend.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Oh this was a great post. I want to read the first one! I was visiting everyone to invite over but you've already been by! I still don't know why your photo's won't pin.
      Who knows. It's a crazy world out there!
      Have a good week. BT

      ReplyDelete
    6. opps...I was going to say BTW I didn't mail any packages yet. Hopefully this week. I will let you know for sure!
      Have a good week.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Call me the crazy one. It wasn't you who already linked!
      So now I can really invite you over for this weeks link!
      Thank you for coming over and sharing your posts at the Fabulous Party. This weeks link is live now. Here's the new linky
      http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2017/03/fabulous-spring-and-easter-party-link-up.html
      Enjoy your week. Happy Spring.

      ReplyDelete

    Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

    I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

    Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
    I treasure your prayers and your comments.

    If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

    Be blessed!
    Laura