Tuesday, May 23, 2017

MANDISA "OUT OF THE DARK" CD Review


This is an upbeat, come back, overcoming, moving forward album. It's so God centered, and it's all about what God wants to do in our lives to lift us out of the muck and mire. It's hopeful. Hope is something we all need.

Messages I got from this:
God is good no matter what, and He's for us.
God pulls us out of our dark feelings.
He's still working on us. He's not giving up.
He's trustworthy.
We can overcome our troubles.
God can take our shame off.
Good news... God's still moving.

There's a song called "We All Bleed the Same" that is meant to be one to reunite the various factions in our country. It's good.

It's a long album, 55 minutes. It's good.
It's not the kind of music I usually listen to at home, but it's the modern rock type music you would hear on K-LOVE, and, that's usually what's playing on my van radio.

This is a great album, because it celebrates that GOD is the one who is strong enough, good enough, and loves us enough to bring us out of the darkness, no matter what it is, and bring us into HIS LIGHT.

Thank you God for the miraculous deliverance you've given Mandisa.
To you, God, be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
MANDISA OUT OF THE DARK CD


Story Behind The Album


Mandisa wrote her song “Overcomer” in 2013 to encourage her close friend Kisha, who was battling breast cancer. Mandisa really believed and prayed that God was going to heal her, but when Kisha went to be with Jesus in 2014, Mandisa’s foundation was shaken in a way she never expected. She fell into a deep pit of depression for close to 3 years, shutting out her friends, family and the rest of the world. Mandisa believes if she had kept going down that road she was on, she would not be here today… but God stepped in and lifted her out of that pit by using her close friends to communicate their love for her and God’s love for her. This album is Mandisa’s way of letting her fans into her story – it’s called 'Out Of The Dark' because that is exactly where God lifted her out of! 

You can watch her talk openly about this on Good Morning America last week here.

Disclosure: I was sent a sample of this product for review purposes only. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are my own based on my experience with this product. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

1 comment:

  1. Love Mandisa.. Such a talented lady.
    Hope your having a good day.. Praying for you [and your family].. You are so right..God is still moving.. Peace is through Him. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura