Welcome to another thrifty week at Harvest Lane Cottage. I'm so glad you've found me! Each week I share my thrifty and frugal projects, ways of saving money, and my blessings from God.
I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
Do say hello!
It's been a week of blessing at the cottage. My eldest son was in a head-on collision that totaled both vehicles. Both he and the other driver walked away. Praise God. My daughters 19 and 15 went on their first road trip with a couple of girlfriends. They went on a day trip to the City Museum in St. Louis. It was a long day, but they had fun. Fortunately, momma has a friend in the St. Louis area that could have been called in an emergency. ~wink~ Thanks Laura!
God bless you all, thank you for your patience with me.
I also thank you for all the love you've shown and the prayers you've prayed. God will make a way where there seems to be no way. God bless you all!
- We had barbecue spare ribs and smoked brisket for dinner on Memorial Day. That doesn't sound thrifty, but it was. Why? My eldest son found the ribs on sale and saved them for the celebration. The brisket was a gift from my father. We added baked potatoes with butter and sour cream. That was my favorite part. It settled better for me. Lots of leftovers to share with my son.
- Wednesday night, I chopped the leftover meat finely, added more sauce, and served it on buns with chips. Mostly free meal.
- My doctor changed some of my medicines. Most of them were covered in full by the insurance because I've already met my out-of-pocket maximums. Thank you Jesus! I was so glad I had the money I needed to pay for the other one.
- While waiting for my prescriptions, I bought a candle just because I wanted it! I don't do things like that very often. It was on sale for $5 off, and it had the most exquisite fragrance. Farmers' Market from McCalls' Candles.
- We enjoyed a free trial of Pureflix in May.
- Homemade ham and beans and cornbread made with ham hocks.
- I signed up for a free scarf with a couple of charities.
- I used the Suave shampoo and conditioner we had on hand instead of buying more Tresemme.
- My family made ample use of our Netflix account.
- I received some lovely gifts in the mail. Thank you ladies!
- Grilled cheese and Bean with Bacon soup—a taste of childhood.
What are you doing in your home this week?
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!
I am totally serious about saving your change for Christmas.
You will be amazed at how much you can save up if you start now.
Just do it!
|It's time to start saving your pennies|
and your nickles and your rocks for Christmas!