Monday, March 5, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ March 5, 2018


As I write ...  Monday night

The weather.... It was a sunny, breezy day. I just needed a light jacket when I threw the stick and walked with the dog in the yard.

Right now I am... writing to you before I relax and read. I just lit some candles.

Thinking... I hurt. The radiation burns are bothering me. I've got some burn cream and ibuprofen. 

A quote to share... 
 ♥♥♥♥♥ 
On my reading pile...   
Favorite blog posts last week...  
On the menu for this week...  I made Creamy White Chicken Chili from Northern Nester for supper tonight. Tomorrow and Wednesday I won't be home at dinner time. I haven't made plans yet for the rest of the week. 

On my to do list... 
  • Rest and recovery from radiation.
  • I just don't feel up to much else.
In the workbasket...  
  • I'm knitting a plain vanilla white hat for the chemo center.
  • I'm thinking about starting a Copy Cat C.C. Beanie with the new ChiaoGoo red circular 16" knitting needles that I purchased last week. I used Amazon credit that I earned from Opinion Outpost (referral link) for answering surveys. I earn credit there more quickly than at Swagbucks (referral link). I continue to use both, but Opinion Outpost is my favorite of the two.

Looking forward to this week...
  • Tuesday - Knitting group at The Brew coffee shop
  • Wednesday - Lunch with my friend Regina and church  
  • Thursday -  
  • Friday - Homeschool co-op 
  • Saturday -  

Looking around the house...  "I can only do what I can do." 


From the camera... 
I've been thinking of my mother-in-love who moved to Heaven 4 1/2 years ago.
She was an excellent mother-in-love.
Judy Benson Lane may her name be blessed forever!
Devotional...   
On my prayer list...
  • Peace - I asked two ladies today what I could pray for them. Both said peace. Personal and country peace.
  • Recovery from radiation. Burns will heal as will internal damage.
  • Cancer will die the death in my body. My heart and bones will be protected from the medical treatments I'm taking.
  • Protection and wisdom for our country's leaders.

My prayer for you, my reader...

Father God,
So many of us are lacking peace these days. Please help us to seek you and to be anxious for nothing as you tell us in Philippians 4:4-8. We want that peace that passes all understanding. I pray father that you will help us to find that peace in the midst of our circumstances. I ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

Thanks for dropping by!
Please say hello.
Laura
Trusting in God's timing, provision, and healing power

Joining with Sandra at Happy Homemaker Monday.
Homemaking Party
~~~~~


13 comments:

  1. Hello Sweet Friend...
    Thank you for the prayer.
    Just what I needed!
    God sent me to you tonight!!!
    Hugs!
    Happy for you as you recover!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, I'm so sorry about the pain for the radiation burn. My DIL had a big burn on her thigh from her radiation but once the radiation was over, it healed up fast. That doesn't help your pain now but hopefully it gives you some hope that you will be better once your treatments are over. Bless you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Hello my friend! I'm glad you are recovering from your radiation and praying the burns will heal quickly. I love that quote! We are so blessed, aren't we?
    Glad to hear you are up and moving, even its only what you can do or what you are able to do. Little things to build your strength are huge!
    All is good here. Its been very windy here for days and its so dry. We really need moisture. I'm hoping God will open the heavens and provide for our dry and thirsty land.;)
    Looking forward to Spring....

    Thinking of you. Take care of yourself.

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have wondered about you!
    I'm so sorry you are feeling the effects.
    We'll be lifting you up for comfort, peace and strength.
    And of course, total healing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura, You have to know I went straight to that White Chicken Chili Recipe !!! and pinned it :) Don't know how I will be with that quantity of dairy, but I could always halve it....and My prayer for you is that all pain will be gone from your body and healing over those burns, in Jesus sweet and precious name - Amen (Blessings to you)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Laura,

    I am so sorry to hear that you are still experiencing pain from your burns. You continue to be in my prayers!

    I loved your post about Philippians 4:4-8. Thank you for linking up your old posts. I haven't had a chance to read all of your posts and I enjoy the chance to catch up. They are truly a blessing!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy your homemaker monday post. It sounds like to me that you are doing a wonderful job of recovering, living your life, and loving on others, too. I had been meaning to look up the cc hats; I've seen them everywhere but didn't know what the cc stands for. Your mother in law looks so sweet... my mom's maiden name was Benson too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless you sweet girl. I too pray for your healing and your relief.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you tried aloe vera on your burns? That really helped when I had an allergic reaction to the tape that burned my skin after my breast biopsy. Continued prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Laura! I love your prayers. ;)
    Sending some right back your way! REst as much as you need. Keep building up your strength and keeping up the good fight. I hope this week is very kind to you.
    Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Raw Honey works great on burns...perhaps it would help. Linn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my friend I will pray about those burns. I feared you would have them. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lavender has been our go-to for any kind of burns, along with honey and aloe vera. Any of them would be worth a try! Praying for you that the burns heal over quickly, and that the internal damage heals quickly as well, and that you will get that cancer free report very very soon! So sweet of you to knit the hat for the cancer center. You are always in my prayers Laura, many hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor