Wednesday, March 21, 2018

How to Read a Blog from the Very First Post



Hello dear readers,

     Several months ago I decided to read my blog from the very first post back in December of 2007 up to the present.  I've been a bit hit or miss since I've felt poorly sometimes. I finally caught up this week. Have you ever read a blog from the beginning up to the present? If you have your own, I highly recommend it. It is also a great way to glean wisdom and get to know other bloggers. 

♥♥♥

How to Read a Blog from the Very First Post


     If you'd like to read (or skim) my blog, Harvest Lane Cottage, from the beginning, here's my very first post: A Cozy Christ Centered Christmas.

     After reading the post, just click on Newer Post. Read and repeat. After you've read as many posts as you'd like, simply bookmark the next page, and pick up from there next time you'd like to read. I put mine in the bookmarks at the top of my page. 

     I've read Mrs. White's blog, The Legacy of Home  and Aunt Ruthie's blog, Sugar Pie Farmhouse from the beginning. 

     I'm currently reading Karen Andreola's blog, Moments With Mother Culture from the first post to the present.  I am also reading Roxy Jones' blog, Living from Glory to Glory

      I highly recommend this practice though it takes time and patience. ~smile~

     Just a note, I'm feeling a bit better each day. I should be back to writing in another week or two. I don't want to put any pressure on myself. Thanks for being so patient with me!

     Be blessed in Jesus' Name!
     Laura
     Happy at Home
     Trusting for Complete Healing




Share Your Cup
Thursday Favorite Things

14 comments:

  1. It is fun to see a blog change over the years when you start at the very beginning. Of course, it's easy to cringe when one thinks about the first posts. So much of a learning curve takes place over the years. Glad to hear you're able to get out and about a little. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to know you are feeling a little better each day :) The only blog I have ever read completely was 'The Aspiring Homemaker', who no longer blogs. It's a fun thing to do !!
    Blessings to you ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Laura, I think this is something I have never done, but a great way to see what the real purpose and direction the blogger is going in! I am so glad you are getting stronger and feeling better! You inspire me...
    I am honored and hubled that you have done this on my blog, thank you for the mention!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Laura, I was thinking of you last night. I'm glad you are getting some rest and I hope each day is better for you. I recently read back through my own blog and was surprised at things I had forgotten. My blog may be boring to others, but it's a good memoir for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PenPen is so right, our blogs are kind of like nonprivate diaries. I also see something I forgot when I read mine.

      Delete
  5. Great advice, especially to get to know the new bloggers we follow. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I read mine I will have to admit how stupid and slow I have been at paying off my debt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear friend Laura, there is something in you that excites me and it is your smile that transmits energy to me. It is the energy that you have and that you know how to transmit. That is a gift that God has given you ... and I receive it with much love.
    I thank you for your dedication to continue communicating with your friends and I appreciate the effort.
    You are a winner and you will get to the number 1 position of the race that life has forced you to participate ... that's the way of life sometimes.
    A huge hug and my prayers for you and your family
    Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read a few blogs from start to finish also and I like to read my own old posts too.
    You might like http://www.likemerchantships.com
    She isn’t blogging anymore but she was one of the first bloggers I discovered when blogging was new. She is a SAHM, wife of a teacher with several children and a tiny budget but she blogged about her efforts to make a beautiful home, meals, gifts etc on a very tiny budget. She is not long winded so it’s an easy read too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for that tip on how to read blogs from the beginning! I will have to remember that. Yes, I am a bit slow on the learning curve at times. ;) Glad you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I clicked something before my reply posted so I am going to try it again. ;) Thank you for the tip on how to read a blog from the beginning. I am so glad you are feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola mi querida hermanita , me regocijo que estes mucho mejor. Si,he leído algún que otro blog desde el principio . Intentaré empezar a leer el tuyo desde el principio, seguro que será muy interesante. Muchos besitos preciosa hermanita, Dios te bendiga a ti y tu linda family 😘😘🌼🌷🍀🌸🌺🌻🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura, I'm glad that you're feeling better! Reading from the beginning sounds like a very interesting thing to do. Don't have the time to do that right now, but maybe some time. When I read my early posts I often laugh. I blogged just for family the first two years and often didn't even have a single photo. It was more of advice and wisdom for my kids. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor