Saturday, October 1, 2022

One Week Ago... September 24, 2022... Dawson and Amy's Wedding

Oh what a whirlwind it has been! My daughter Amy became engaged to my now son-in-love Dawson mid-August. What I thought would be a six month or year engagement was about six weeks! 


They were married at his family's home in Illinois. They have a lovely place with a beautiful large pond, many lovely trees, a barn, a pavillion, a fire pit, and a wooden swingset which Amy and Emily turned into a lovely arbor backdrop for the couple and the minister. They wrote their own vows, and it was truly a once in a lifetime fairy tale experience. The men wore blue flannel shirts in true country boy fashion, and the ladies were lovely in rust gowns. Dawson combined the colors in his flannel, and Amy wore a breathtaking ivory gown sprinkled with lace and pearls.


I don't think I've ever seen a happier couple.



Amy's maid of honor was her sister, Emily. Not just because she's her sister, but because they're best friends for life! Her other bridesmades included two dear friends, Jazmyne and Julia. She's known them both for nearly all her life! Dawson's sister, Danielle completed the ensemble along with his very sweet niece and nephews.


I think these photos of the couple are fairy tale swoon worthy!


Of course, there was the Daddy Daughter dance.


What I wouldn't give to have heard that conversation!


I didn't cry until I looked into her eyes!


Amy's new family

You know, when I held my baby girl in my arms all those years ago, I prayed and continued praying for a godly man to marry her someday. That day was September 24, 2022. I've prayed for them both for many many years. I'll keep praying. I thank God that Jesus is the center of their lives and now their life together.  

"Therefore what God has joined together,
let not man separate." 
Mark 10:9

My beautiful Christian young woman 
has married
her handsome Christian young man.

Blessed be the Name of the LORD.










11 comments:

  1. Hi Laura~ What a beautiful bride!! I loved the flannel shirts...a true country boy! I could almost see the glow around them both! I pray that their marriage will be very blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Barb,
      I've never seen a couple so excited and happy at their wedding. It was truly remarkable. God's way is truly best.
      Thanks for writing to me!
      Laura

      Delete
  2. I love this! I love fall weddings, and I love that they did flannel. I love the short engagement too. I'll never understand the years long engagements. If you know you want to be married, then do it. A million dollar, royal wedding is not needed. But I digress..... lol

    Aww, that Daddy-Daughter picture made me cry. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!! And congratulations, I am so very happy for them both, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Your daughter is beautiful and beaming!!! Isn't it wonderful when God brings two people together?? And you, my friend, are absolutely stunning. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FELICITACIONES PARA TU HIJA Y TU HIJO EN LEY, SE VEN TAN FELICIES, TU HIJA ES MUY PARECIDA A TI. DIOS BENDIGA ESTA NUEVA VIDA JUNTOS, QUE SIEMPRE TENGAN A CRISTO EN SUS VIDAS. BENDICIONES DULCE HERMANA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the their wedding. A beautiful country setting,sweet,simple. Amy was a beautiful bride.
    They are off to a good start.
    May God bless their new life together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wedding photos, reminds me so much of my youngest daughters wedding 3 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos! I pray God gives them a very long and happy marriage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor