Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Review: The Final Summit... Andy Andrews


History and suspense combine to make you forget time when you enter The Final Summit.

I could have closed the door, crawled up on my bed, and read this book all night.  I had to discipline myself to read just a chapter or two at a time.  The first chapter was a bit slow for me.  I kept thinking that a businessman would enjoy it.  I changed my mind when the Archangel Gabriel appeared.  The protagonist, David Ponder, is a successful businessman around seventy years old.  The antagonist is time itself embodied in an hourglass.

At the Final Summit, Gabriel poses a question which must be answered correctly before the sands of humanity's time run out.  David Ponder meets with a number of historical figures, both well-known and obscure, to solve the complex problem with just two words.  Two words that will change the course of humanity.

Along the way, Mr. Andrews weaves in some fascinating, little known, historical narrative that I enjoyed immensely.  The story was so well-written, I cannot wait to read his previous book, The Traveler's Gift.

Five Stars!




"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

2 comments:

  1. I am adding this book to my Goodreads "to read" shelf. Thanks for sharing!

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book! I'll have to add it to my TBR list. Found you through Cozy Book Hop
    georgielee.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura