Friday, February 24, 2012

Review: The Guardian Duke

"Heaven could be found in music."

She had me.  With the very first line, Jamie Carie had me.  The Guardian Duke is fresh, original,  historical. 

Gabriel, the Duke of St. Easton, is a powerful man.  He is accustomed to taking charge and leading.  His love of music is his greatest comfort.  A startling change is about to rock his life.  Pardon the pun.

Lady Alexandria Featherstone is a young lady who has been left home alone.  Her parents were treasure hunters who traveled all over the country and the world searching for missing antiquities.  Alexandria was left with elderly servants in a crumbling castle to await their return.  But... they didn't return.

The Prince Regent is about to bring them together in an unexpected manner.

Jamie Carie incites the reader's compassion and curiosity in this mysterious historical novel.  I found nothing in the book that made me blush.  I savored it.  I do look forward to the next book in the Forgotten Castles series.

I think this would make a fabulous movie.


About the Book:
The Guardian Duke is award-winning novelist Jamie Carie’s most exciting story yet, a uniquely arranged Regency-era romantic adventure where hero and heroine know each other through written letters but have yet to meet.
Gabriel, the Duke of St. Easton, is ordered by the King to take guardianship over Lady Alexandria Featherstone whose parents are presumed dead after failing to return from a high profile treasure hunt. But Alexandria ignores this royal reassignment, believing her parents are still alive and duly following clues that may lead to their whereabouts. Gabriel, pressured by what are actually the King’s ulterior motives, pursues her across windswept England and the rolling green hills of Ireland but is always one step behind.
When they do meet, the search for earthly treasure will pale in comparison to what God has planned for both of them.
$14.99
Jamie Carie
B & H Publishing
Pure Enjoyment 

THE GIVEAWAY


a Rafflecopter giveaway





“Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it  on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

3 comments:

  1. I have an awful lot of favorite Christian books....The Book of Mormon is one for me also.....I really enjoy 21 Days Closer to Christ by Emily Freeman......I LOVE Life's Lessons Learned by Dallin H. Oaks.....but those are only my two recent favorites. I could go on and on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, it is hard to pick one book as my favorite Christian book... for Christian fiction, one of my current faves is Thorn in My Heart and the sequels, by Liz Curtis Higgs.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura