Sunday, May 20, 2012

Review: Brush of Angel's Wings



Brush of Angel's Wings

by Ruth Reid
Published by Thomas Nelson






Rachel's brother was killed in a tragic accident.  She stepped in and filled his shoes by working with her father on farm chores.  Until a stranger shows up in the barn one morning.  Jordan was hired by Rachel's father, to work so that Rachel could concentrate on the womanly skills of cooking and homemaking, something she showed definite deficiencies in.  She was after all, getting older, and needed to find a husband. 20!

Well, she'd show him!  She tries to get up earlier and do more and everything backfires on her.  Jordan doesn't leave.  In fact, an unexpected twist makes him more needed than ever.  Throughout, Nathaniel, an angel and Tangis, a demon, speak to Rachel and Jordan in an effort to influence them. 
This was skillfully written.  The way Nathaniel and Tangis interacted with the characters and with each other was revealing.  Spiritual truth is woven throughout.  It was a very inspiring story.  There were a couple of times I just wanted to tell the Rachel to cut it out and be nice. ~smile~

The unexpected twists and turns kept me turning pages.  Lots of drama with other characters in the book added variety.   It was quite enjoyable.
Four Stars
I review for BookSneeze®I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Shared with:  Cozy Book Hop

1 comment:

  1. Interesting story! Thanks for sharing with the Cozy Book Hop!

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura