Sunday, February 8, 2015

REVIEW: Rasmus and the Vagabond by Astrid Lindgren, the Creator of Pippi Longstocking


Thank you FlyBy for this review copy.

I don't care what the publisher says! They're wrong! There's no way that this book is just for 8-12 year olds. ~smile~ I enjoyed this book so very much. Who cares if I'm old enough to have teenagers? 
It was an easy read that was refreshingly clean in contrast to so much of the twaddle that is currently being published for kids. It was nostalgic and innocent. I'm going to encourage my thirteen year old to read it anyway just because it's a fun book.  It's a reprint of an old book written by Astrid Lindgren the author of Pippi Longstocking. I loved that book as a kid. I think that it would make a great read aloud or a great gift.

Read about it below, then enter the giveaway and check out the website.

About the book:
Softcover / 180 pages

After running away from an orphanage, nine-year-old Rasmus finds the world a cold and unfriendly place until he befriends an extraordinary tramp called Paradise Oscar. Together they meet more adventure than they ever imagined, solve a mystery, and catch the culprits. Reassume dreams of finding a family and a home someday. But when he does, will he be able to part with his new friend and life on the road?

About the author:




Astrid Lindgren, the creator of Pippi Longstocking, Emil, and dozens of other world-famous characters, has thrilled three generations of children with her storytelling. She is the only children’s author with a literary prize, a theme park, a museum, a satellite, and a minor planet named in her honor. (After this last honor, she suggested changing her name to “Asteroid Lindgren.”) A jury appointed by Swedish Radio’s Culture Department to elect the “Author of the Millennium” voted Astrid Lindgren second after William Shakespeare. She was awarded the Hans Christian Andersen Medal and heaps of other awards and honors.


I received this book free for an honest review from the publisher. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand how to enter for the giveaway. (gentle smiles). Maybe my old computer just won't let me see it? Would you enter me?

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're entered. Thanks again for the review book. ~smile~

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura