|Thank you Baker Publishing & Bethany House for this review copy.|
- Intensity of troubles that I couldn't see a way through
- Strong central characters each faced a weakness and temptation to sin
- The characters didn't seem super human even though they faced horrible circumstances and foes
- There was a depth to not only the main characters but several of the supporting characters
- I learned about the prevailing view and treatment of women in England in the medieval period.
- I learned more about the influence of the Church during the period though it was not a primary theme.
- It was a good example of how victims of domestic abuse can think and act and overcome.
- Strengths and weaknesses of character strengthened the story.
- God's plan of redemption was beautifully interwoven throughout the story
- Unpredictable storyline
- I would have like to have read the first book, but this book did stand alone. Now I hope there's another book. ~smile~