Friday, April 22, 2016

The Red Door Inn— a Romance for Summer Reading

The Red Door Inn

by Liz Johnson

Marie Carrington is broke, desperate, and hoping to find sanctuary on Prince Edward Island while decorating a renovated bed-and-breakfast. Seth Sloane moved three thousand miles to help restore his uncle's Victorian B and B--and to forget about the fiancée who broke his heart. He wasn't expecting to have to babysit a woman with a taste for expensive antiques and a bewildering habit of jumping every time he brushes past her. 

The only thing Marie and Seth agree on is that getting the Red Door Inn ready to open in just two months will take everything they've got--and they have to find a way to work together. In the process, they may find something infinitely sweeter than they ever imagined on this island of dreams.

My Thoughts:

This is one of those books where you just wish they'd talk instead of brood over things. ~smile~ I know they need to face difficulties and struggle a bit with each other to make a good romance book, but sometimes I wish they'd just say what they're really thinking—in a kind way. I guess it's the mama in me that wants everyone to be nice and get along!

I liked that there were actually four storylines that were playing out...
Marie's mysterious background and dubious future...
Seth's heartbreak, loss, and recovery...
Jack's determination to get his bed and breakfast opened on time to honor his wife's memory...
and then there's Aretha Franklin, the antique shop lady who has an eye for a handsome older man. 
It kept things interesting. 

I enjoyed the backdrop of Prince Edward Island and the descriptions of the boardwalk. This was a nice relaxing read. It would be a good summer take along book.


I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Revell books.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Laura, I enjoy your blog so much and appreciate your book reviews...I am not a blogger...I live on an island off the west coast of Canada (not that it matters where I live, except to let you know where your blog reaches). Shalom, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Patricia,
      It's nice to know where I go virtually. ~smile~
      Thank you so much for your kind words.
      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura