Monday, December 16, 2013

Power in the Name of Jesus

Every time you see a heart in nature, it's God saying, "I love you."

My first memory of struggles with food was when I was in first grade.  I was a bit chubby.  I remember lying in bed and blinking my eyes to burn calories!  Yikes.

I've struggled all of my life.  Well, at least until I gave up.

A few months ago, my dear friend, Charity, sang this song in church.  Break Every Chain by Tasha Cobbs.

That song ministered to me.  She sang it every few weeks, and the Holy Spirit began breaking the chains of food addiction off me.

The day after Labor Day, I began eating according to the Trim Healthy Mama plan.  The pounds are coming off. 

I began to believe the words when I sang the song with Charity.  The last Sunday in October, we sang it again.  By the end of service, I knew it was done.  The chains were broken.  I just have to walk it out now.

That day was the last time I saw my dear friend.  She went home to be with Jesus suddenly and unexpectedly November 1st. 

She left a legacy of love for people, cheerfulness and passion for Christ. 

I was privileged to get a recording of her singing Break Every Chain. 

The week she died, I played two songs on You Tube. One was Break Every Chain.  The other was Take the Shackles Off My Feet So I Can Dance.  Miss Charity is breaking loose and dancing for Jesus now.

Charity Bethke, may her name be blessed forever.

May you find the love, peace, hope, mercy and power of the Lord Jesus Christ for every chain in your life to be broken.

Laura
Daughter of the Chain Breaker

~~~~~
May I suggest?

9 comments:

  1. That's a powerful testimony. I've struggled with a food addiction for as long as I can remember too. I've always been overweight (except for about 2-3 yrs). The weight always creeps back up. I stay the same. Not grossly overweight but always about 30 lbs over. I've been encouraged today. Thanks for sharing!
    Sorry about your friend.
    Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, Charity, Laura. I think that the Lord gave her to you and your church to show you His special love and so you would know His plans are better by far than anything we could imagine! I am SURE she is dancing with the Lord and in the meantime you are FREE from weight issues to share the miracle of that freedom with others! Sending warm hugs today...may the Lord bless your week and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a meaningful post Laura, and it is so amazing the ways that God speaks to us everyday.

    Blessings Always
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tribute to your friend. I am so glad her singing ministered to you in such a way that you experienced freedom! Keep walking in faith and moving toward a new you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Patty. I'll be over for a visit in a few minutes!
    Merry Christmas!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Lyn. It was one of those heart baring posts. They're not always easy to write, but often helpful to readers. We need to know we're not the only ones who struggle. There IS hope in Jesus.

    I'll be over in a few minutes for a visit.

    Blessings, and happy Christmas,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Jacqueline. I will miss my friend, but I wouldn't bring her back for the world even if I could.

    I'm walking out the freedom part. I look forward to the day when I feel comfortable dancing. ~smile~

    I'll be over for a visit soon.

    Christmas blessings!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diane,

    I'm glad you were encouraged. Do check into Trim Healthy Mama. The website for the book is http://trimhealthymama.com. I've lost 30 lbs since Labor Day. A lot of people are having success. It's Biblical, too.

    I'll visit soon.
    Christmas Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. ~smile~
    Great post mom, and actually the song you called: --take the shackles off my feet so i can dance--is actually called: --Shackles--
    I love you mom and I believe in you. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you and he does give you strength every single day of your life.Not just me but God believes in you too. Never forget that.
    I love you mom.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor