Tuesday, April 13, 2021

"With Every Rising of the Sun..."

Amy Lane Photography ©2015


"With every rising of the sun
Think of your life as just begun.
~
The past has shriveled and buried deep,
All yesterdays. There let them sleep.
~
Nor seek to summon back one ghost
Of that innumerable host.
~
Concern yourself with but to-day,
Woo it, and teach it to obey
~
Your will and wish. Since time began
To-day has been the friend of man;
~
But in his blindness and his sorrow
He looks to yesterday and to-morrow."

.............................
Author unknown
From the Character Classic Tiger and Tom
ISBN 1881545083

Have a wonderful today!
Laura


10 comments:

  1. Thank you, beautiful post. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that poem! And the flower picture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I liked that ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Linda. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo and precious words. Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Laura, thanks for sharing this with us at Good Morning Mondays. I really like the red, white and blue. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the poem Laura! Thanks for sharing it with SYC. Just wanted to let you know that I received the book today. Thanks so much!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and encouraging words, my friend. I am always so thankful to have you at Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor