Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sewing and Knitting and Making a List

Well, the craft show and all the knitting and sewing that went along with it is finished now.  It's time to get back to Christmas gift making.  As you may know, it's going to be a homemade handmade heartmade Christmas at Harvest Lane Cottage this year.  I'm not planning on buying anything except perhaps a few stocking stuffers, if the Lord provides.  It's rather freeing to know that I don't have to shop on Black Friday. 

I am running up against one problem.  My sewing machine isn't working properly.  I spoke with the repairman.  It is skipping stitches and isn't picking up the bobbin thread correctly.  He thinks it's that the timing is off.  A $60 repair.  I bought a new package of needles for $4 instead.  I'm going to try the new needles to see if they help.  If not, well, plans will have to be changed.  The $60 isn't in the budget right now.  I know how to hand sew; and, I enjoy it.  It's just a little to slow for all the projects I have in mind. 

I'm traveling today; so, I'll be taking along a little knitting.  I love how portable small knitting projects are.  I hope Lowell will be driving! ~grin~

I want to encourage you all.  In spite of obstacles, little or no money, broken machines, limited resources, you can enjoy this holiday season by putting your focus in the right place.  Thanks Living.  Advent. Jesus Christ.  Loving family and friends.

Happy Thanks Living!

Laura
Using it Up
Wearing it Out
Making it Do
Doing Without
But thanks to God,
Not if We Really Need It.
~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~

4 comments:

  1. My friend's church has a knitting group that I'm thinking of joining so that I can learn to knit. I've always thought it sounded like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem with my sewing machine and it did turn out to be the timing. Hope you can get it fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura!
    You probably checked this already and please understand I'm not saying your machine is dirty ..but check and see that the feed dog area (actually remove the cover plate) and bobbin area of your sewing machine are lint free and give the turning parts of the bobbin area a little drink of oil, also you may want to run some dental floss through the tension discs just in case there is some lint in there too (just a little bit of lint can make a machine not behave well).... along with a new needle perhaps a little cleaning will solve your skipped stitch problem...hopefully you won't need the timing repair ($60 ouch!)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :) and Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a beautiful attitude about everything, Miss Laura!!
    I hope you can get your machine to working good again... I know how frustrating it is. Sometimes it is just a simple fix- maybe the new needles will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor