Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Pleasant Day of Puttering, Baking, Shopping, and Planning

The Hens by Robert Duncan

It's been a pleasant day puttering in the kitchen, thrift shopping, and grocery shopping.
 
This morning, I did some cleaning in the kitchen, then I made a batch of homemade wheat/white bread.  Four loaves and a whole bunch of rolls.  I served the rolls with homemade macaroni and cheese for lunch.  I'm still trying to perfect macaroni and cheese.  It tasted a bit gritty.  I am not sure what's causing that.  I guess maybe I need to read some recipes. 

This afternoon, we went thrift shopping.  I found a couple of pairs of jeans for my son, Michael.  Then, it was off to Aldi for groceries and then to Braums for milk and sour cream.  It was hard to do, but I kept to my budget of $100.00.  I'll have to use some things that I already have in my pantry to make the food stretch for the week. 

Here are some of the things I plan to make this week:

Saturday ~ clam chowder, homemade bread
Sunday ~ roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, gravy
Monday ~ ham and beans and cornbread
Tuesday ~ fried chicken thighs, potatoes and gravy, corn
Wednesday ~ We eat at church on Wednesday nights.
Thursday ~ homemade pepperoni pizza
Friday ~ date night with hubby, kids- ramen noodles

Desserts I plan to make this week:
raisin bread pudding
pumpkin dump cake

~~~~~
May I suggest? 
Welcome!
~~~~~


Shared with:
Raising Homemakers
Backyard Farming Connection

2 comments:

  1. I really like that painting! I also like days just puttering around and preparing for the week ahead.

    Visiting from backyard farming connection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you via Backyard Farming Connection. I love the painting as well as your blog. New follower here! I would love for you to come share at my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-7.html

    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor