Monday, October 29, 2012

Old Houses and Housewives

















Just sitting a bit and taking a break... I've been getting out the cold weather clothes and hanging them up.  I put them down for their summer nap nice and clean; so, all I have to do is shake them and hang them up.  They'll wait patiently for the iron. ~smile~

I pulled up Pinterest and found this beautiful photo of The Old Cotter House photographed by my friend Sue at Country Pleasures.  You really must click through and see what she's written.

Old houses conjure up images of housewives of old cooking, cleaning, planting flowers, hanging out clothes, knitting and sewing.  Some of the same things we do today, but perhaps with a bit more satisfaction than we feel with the same duties.  I think we're so wrapped up in what's out there that sometimes we don't feel content right here where we are.  May God help us all to be more content to, as Teddy Roosevelt said, "Do what you can with what you've got where you are."

Laura
Who'd better get back to work
~smile~
May I suggest?

Shared with:
Sunday Night
 Amaze Me Monday - Mix it Up Monday - Mom's the Word -  Motivation Mondays 
Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesday - Wonderful Wednesdays - - Fluster's Creative Muster Making a Home 
What Joy is Mine Monday Musings
Raising Homemakers
The Charm of Home
Farm Girl Friday
Old Fashioned Friday

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug Laura!! And I'm with you, I always wonder what the house wife to these old places had to deal with? My heart belongs way back then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and glad to have found your blog!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo! I agree we need to feel more content where we are. Seems like our ancestors were much better at that than we are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing it is to just be content where we are! How sad to waste a lifetime searching for the peace and joy that can be found by cultivating your very own green grass! :)

    Blessings to you today,
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quote, and the photo--just lovely!

    Thanks for sharing at the Farm Girl Blog Fest #15!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it and look forward to more
    Blessings from South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and Hennie,
    So good to read your comment.
    I'll pop over for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty picture. That house calls out to be restored! :) Thanks for linking up to Motivational Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor