Monday, December 7, 2015

My Daybook ~ December 7, 2015

Read other daybooks.
 My Daybook
December 7, 2015

Outside my window... It's a very dark night. I'm up too late writing this.

I am thinking... about how to get everything done I need to do this week.

I am thankful that... even if all doesn't go as planned, we will still have a happy Christmas.

From the kitchen... I hope to make some potato soup with leftover smashed potatoes for dinner Monday night. Later this week, I might make some beef stew with leftover brisket. 

I am wearing... my black night gown. It's cold by the window.

I am creating... nothing really. That's really strange for me. I usually make lots of things for Christmas.


I am going... just regular taxi service for the family.

I am reading... I am reading The Gift of Christmas Present by Melody Carlson.
Click for more information about Carlson's Christmas novellas.

I am hoping... to find peace and joy this Christmas season. It must come from the Holy Spirit.

I am learning... to let go of my expectations.

I am planning... I need to be planning Christmas meals.

am hearing... nothing but the hum of the computer and refrigerator and the ticking of the clock. They're all saying, "Go to sleep Laura!"

Around the house... 
  • I need to declutter more things to give away. 
  • Laundry beckons as it always does.
  • I need to wrap a few gifts.
  • I need to decorate.
One of my favorite things...  listening to Christmas music on Spotify or Pandora for free.

A Favorite Quote for Today... 


"May we not 'spend' Christmas or 'observe' Christmas, but rather 'keep' it." 
~Peter Marshall
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week... 
  • Working at the restaurant
  • Church on Wednesday
  • Cleaning
  • Laundry
  • Decorating
  • Planning
  • Driving
  • Repairing my daughter's costume.
  • My girls will be in the church play on Friday night and Sunday night.
  • I'm going to choose something from my Christmas Bucket List to do this week.
From the Board Room...
Follow Amy's board From My Blog /& Stuff by Me on Pinterest.
Now go check out the other Day Book entries at our hostess Peggy's blog, The Simple Woman.

A Peek into the Past...  My Daybook March 14, 2011

What are you up to this week?

God bless!
Laura
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May I suggest?
Everything Christmas!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9 comments:

  1. This year seems different for various people, somehow it seems...more low-key and non-stressful...letting go of our expectations allows us to relax, and that is always a good thing. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway! I wish you the best, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, Always a pleasure to read your daybooks.

    When you said you were sitting near the window, I actually pictured a scene from the 1800s, a person writing by candlelight with an ink pen and well as the snow fell outside...

    Those are indeed the feelings your daybooks invoke. They are so simple and pure.

    Thank you for allowing us into a glimpse of your life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading this again a year and a half later. Your note inspires me to begin writing the Daybooks again. I have been writing Happy Homemaker Mondays, but the Daybooks seem simpler in form. Do you have a preference?

      Delete
  3. Amazing how virtually ALL North American women feel there are so many "NEED-to-do's" this time of year. I wonder how many of us would have a better Christmas experience if we let half of them go?! Enjoyed your Daybook post, and also your Expectations post. We are so hard on ourselves!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your thoughts on the simple things in life. Thanks for sharing at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor