Tuesday, March 26, 2024

I Love Books and Sock Knitting

 


Hello everyone!

I have a confession to make. I've been knitting, reading, and listening to books instead of writing!
I've joined Denise @earthtonesgirl over on Instagram for the I Love Books and Sock Knitting Knit Along. Denise encouraged us to see if we could somehow match up our socks and our book. I thought that these colors coordinated pretty well. 

Yarn from West Yorkshire Spinners
Goldfinch

The yarn is from West Yorkshire Spinners. It was a Christmas gift from my friend, Laura, who saw me knitting chemo hats back in the day and invited me to join her knitting group. She and the other ladies really pulled me out of my knitting comfort zone! Eventually, my friend, Jill, told me about the Fish Lips Kiss heel pattern, and I was hooked on sock knitting! It's portable, small and finishable.

I'm listening on my Libby app.

Billy Graham was instrumental in my coming to Christ as a teen. This book shows depth and explanation far beyond the phrase, "Jesus died on the cross for your sins." 

Well ladies, I am subbing in a math class at the junior high today, so I'm off to finish getting ready.

Have a wonderful Holy Week!
Jesus Christ is risen! 
He is risen indeed!

Laura

Find me online here:

Goodreads:  Laura Lane 
2024 I have finished 40 books of my 60 book goal.
Ravelry:  HarvestLaneLaura
Facebook:  Harvest Lane Cottage  
Instagram@lauraofharvestlane 
Email:  laura@harvestlanecottage.com
Mailing address available by email for snail mail lovers like me!

2 comments:

  1. Alone and me time is always wonderful. Have a wonderful holy week my friend.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about your knitting today. I'm also going to check out that book on Libby. I like to listen to audio books while I knit/crochet. I found out about a group near me that makes prayer shawls and pocket prayer squares. I tihink I'm going to start donating to them. I've been giving to a local hospital but they have many volunteers and really don't need anything right now.
    Praying that you'll feel Christ's presence with you during this Holy Week.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor