Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Love Lucy Brings Back Memories

I grew up with I Love Lucy reruns.  I really enjoyed them; Lucy's quirky humor was much like my mom's.  Tonight we watched the episode where Lucy is trying to tell Ricky that they're going to have a baby.  She tries and tries to tell him in the romantic way she'd always dreamed of telling him.  She's interrupted over and over. 

She finally tells him at the club.  Here's his reaction:



I always told my husband that he'd know I was pregnant when he came home and found me knitting baby booties.  Well, I found out about 5:00 at the doctor's office that I was expecting.  I had to run to the store for yarn and needles.  I rushed home; and, he found me knitting booties.  Only, he didn't know what I was doing.  I'd bought a giant pink baby bottle bank.  I wrote on the hang tag, "We're expecting."  I showed him the tag.  He responded with shock.  It's a happy 22 year old memory.

Blessings to you from Harvest Lane Cottage
Laura




Mommy Moments Monday

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Lucy too! :) My mom is a huge fan and Dad bought her all the episodes so we can watch them together whenever we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first visit to your blog, but it definitely won't be my last. We have so much in common, beginning with our faith. I celebrated my 28th wedding anniversary in February, and I am a retired homeschooling mom. (When kids finish high school, mom is out of a job!)

    Anyhow, that is a fun memory. I Love Lucy is such a great show. My favorite episode is the one from the season when the Richardos and the Mertzes go to Hollywood. Lucy runs in to actor William Holden at the Brown Derby restaurant. (I am a huge classic film fan, and William Holden is one of my great loves.)

    Anyhow, I look forward to visiting again.

    Blessings,
    Patti @ Magnolia Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Patti, I remember that episode. So cute. It does sound like we have a lot in common. My youngest is starting 7th grade, so we have a few more years. I've wondered what I'll do with myself. Now my husband has opened a restaurant, so I might be working there.

    I'm coming over for a visit to your blog soon.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor