Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Puttery Day and A Day of Rest

It's been a pleasant weekend. 

Saturday ~  I've been listening to the book of Exodus on Bible Gateway.  It's a great way to keep my mind busy while I'm working about the cottage or working with my hands.  This morning that meant laundry, writing, frying lots of bacon for blts and bacon bits, cleaning the kitchen, a quick trip to the store, and more laundry. 

Now, with lunch over, it's back to laundry. ~smile~  Amy and I are going to make some pumpkin dump cake this afternoon.  Then, after we clean up, I'll be helping her set up my old sewing machine so that she can work on a project.  I bought the machine way back in 1982 when I graduated from high school with the gift money I received.  I gave it to a friend who subsequently gave it back to me when my new one died. 

Last week, I posted my evening menu plan.  My husband called me and was happy to know what was coming up. ~smile~  So, for my hubby, I'll share what I have in mind for this week. 

Saturday ~ Date night!  My grown son is going to come over and spend the evening with my 11 year old.  She'll get Bubba time.  He'll get baby sister time and a chance to use the washer and dryer. Hubby and I will get a couple of hours alone.  Win-win-win.  ~smile~  Matthew and Amy will have canned clam chowder and cornbread.

Sunday ~  Another lovely morning at church.  In my Bible study class, we are watching and discussing the Book of Matthew.  I love this video because it has a happy, loving Jesus instead of a sad Jesus.  I'm learning and enjoying the class immensely.

A brother in the Lord blessed us with some money and told us to go out to dinner.  So, we did!  Amy's been wanting to go to Cracker Barrel for years, so we went.  It was so fun to do something she'd wanted to do for so long.  I browsed in the gift shop with Amy while Lowell relaxed on the front sidewalk.  I was a good girl.  I only bought a stick of clove candy for Amy.  Home again, Amy's been sewing, Lowell napping, and I've been doing a little reading, a little writing, and I've listened to the rest of the book of Leviticus. 

Now, I think I'm going to get something good to drink and do a little hand sewing on some Christmas ornaments.  Before I go, here's the plan for this week.  My hubby enjoyed seeing the menu on the blog when it came to his e-mail last week. ~smile~

Monday ~ potato soup with biscuits
Tuesday ~ baked chicken, baked potatoes with sour cream and butter, salad
  
Wednesday ~ We'll be cooking at church and eating there.  I'm not sure what's on the menu.
Thursday ~ Pineapple Chicken with rice
Friday ~ Date Night!  The kids will eat Ramen noodles or macaroni and cheese.
Baking ~ I'll probably make the bread pudding that I didn't get made last week.
I also need to make a batch of cookies.  The jar's empty. 
Well, that's the plan.  Now, on to my stitching.
Laura
Happy at Home

UPDATE:  We took an unexpected trip to St. Louis, so Thursday's and Friday's menus and the baking didn't happen.  But, we had fun!
~~~~~
May I suggest?
Shared with Weekend Whatever.

1 comment:

  1. I need to get on my weekly meal plan. Thanks for the reminder! Your weekend sounds nice. I love Cracker Barrel! So sweet that someone treated you to a meal :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor